Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone newbie Josh here!
Hello everyone I am new to the forum. My name is Josh and I live in South Carolina. I am 28 years old and I am married to my high school sweetheart Robert. We have been together for the last 12 years in a fully monogamous relationship and life is great. I have always had a drive to help people and when I came across this forum today and looked at some of the posts I had to join because the empathic part of me always wants to reach out to others and try to give them advice or at least some comfort. I run my own business and I also work as a Psychologist. I started my own business just over 2 years ago selling unlocked smartphones, tablets, and other electronics that I would buy directly from factories cheap and instead of doing like most stores and cell carriers I buy the phones unlocked to work with any carrier and I do not mark them up by hundreds of dollars. I mark them up some to make a profit but by no means the way others do and because of that my business has been doing great thankfully.

I started the business out of necessity when I was diagnosed just over 2 years ago with a very rare gastrointestinal disorder which kills 50% of people who have it before they are ever diagnosed so I am lucky. I have had to endure many surgeries and major changes to my lifestyle which forced me to find a way to be able to be kind to my body and try to make money working from home to avoid putting strain on my body. The problem with my condition is that only about 800 people worldwide have ever been diagnosed with it so when I say it is rare it is. Since it is so rare the treatments for it are not well known so I am basically trying many different things acting as a human Guinea Pig. The disorder that I have also affects my heart from time to time which was the main reason I had emergency surgery because my intestines were swollen, inflamed, and pressing so hard against my aortic artery that my heart was not getting enough blood.

Despite my health I am a happy friendly positive guy. I like to hike, bike, write, sing, help others, and watch a good horror movies or suspense movie. I am open to making friends and talking to anyone that has a good personality.

Hi Josh welcome to GS. Smile
An eye for an eye

Hi Josh! Smile Welcome to GS....

I hope you are able to find a cure for the condition you described. I assume with it being that rare that not many people are trying to study it or find a cure?

Welcome to the forum, Josh. Very sorry to hear about your health issues. That totally sucks.

One of the ways we help people, I think, is through telling our own stories. I'm fascinated by the fact you married your high school sweetheart. That is, tragically, SO uncommon among gay men, I know there's probably several fascinating stories there. How it happened, how you dealt with it with your families, what you've had to deal with culturally, and so on.

Anyway, indeed, welcome! Wavey

Welcome Smile

Hey Josh, I'm Alex...nice to meet you!

Reading your post makes me think of something that Abraham Lincoln said, "People are generally about as happy as they make up their minds to be." ...you come across as the personification of those words...

Fish2 Welcome to the forum! Fish2

Welcome Josh Smile

Nice to meet you Wavey

OH................Josh......what a wonderful name!

Welcome to the stew.
I bid NO Trump!

Welcome to GS Josh. Smile