Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Bulgaria
Hello from Bulgaria. I'm Radoslav, recently made 37 years of age. I'm... well, the easier to explain term is "bisexual". Smile
I'm a metalhead, a linux user and a fan of US V8 cars with my favorite one being 1969 Dodge Charger R/T. I'm also a gamer with interest in cars, trucks and spaceships which means you can find me on CarX Drift Racing Online, Mad Max, Carmageddon 2, ETS2, Hard Truck Apocalypse, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD and Star Control Origins.

I had forgotten about this forum until a moment ago I received an e-mail that I have an account here which is still active. Big Grin One possible reason for me to stop visiting this forum is that most probably my previous ISP had problems loading some pages hosted outside of Bulgaria. I really don't remember, though. Anyway, it's good to see that now the forum loads fast, so I'll be more inclined to visit it again. Smile
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.
[-] The following 1 member Likes rado84's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

Welcome back to GS!

Welcome back @rado84 just out of curiosity have you ever messed around with BeamNG drive? That one is a lot of fun and a waste of time lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Welcome back to GS!!!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(02-25-2021, 08:14 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Welcome back @rado84 just out of curiosity have you ever messed around with BeamNG drive? That one is a lot of fun and a waste of time lol
I have, when it was beta and was named "The Next Car Wreck Game" or something like that. After that they ruined the game. I still prefer Flatout 2 when it comes to the Destruction Derby gaming genre.
home is where root is.

(02-26-2021, 11:20 AM)rado84 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 08:14 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Welcome back @rado84 just out of curiosity have you ever messed around with BeamNG drive? That one is a lot of fun and a waste of time lol
I have, when it was beta and was named "The Next Car Wreck Game" or something like that. After that they ruined the game. I still prefer Flatout 2 when it comes to the Destruction Derby gaming genre.

I did not know it was called something different. It's mostly just a simulator, they have added some actual gameplay but I occasionally play around with it, they have come a long way with physics and all that. What did they do that ruined the game for you?

I haven't in a while but I also play Forza Motorsport but turns out I'm a terrible driver, even with a wheel setup lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

When BeamNG was beta the damage was unlimited and the player was able to turn the car literally into a ball of metal with enough ramming and that was fun. This is no longer possible.

Forza requires Virus 10 to play and I'll install that only if S. Nadella pays me 1 million dollars. Though from what I've heard about Forza, I doubt I'll like it much bc it's arcade, not simulation.
home is where root is.

(02-26-2021, 02:14 PM)rado84 Wrote: When BeamNG was beta the damage was unlimited and the player was able to turn the car literally into a ball of metal with enough ramming and that was fun. This is no longer possible.

Oh you absolutely still can. You can smash up cars all the time, just that things do break in the cars and whatnot so if you break the driveshaft or something probably going immobilize the car. Video is probably too long but this is mess messing around...

(02-26-2021, 02:14 PM)rado84 Wrote: Forza requires Virus 10 to play and I'll install that only if S. Nadella pays me 1 million dollars. Though from what I've heard about Forza, I doubt I'll like it much bc it's arcade, not simulation.

Yeah, I don't how you would be able to run Forza under Linux. I have with BeamNG but the framerate suffers a good bit.
Check out my stuff!

BeamNG shouldn't be a problem in Linux, judging by the high-end requirements.
home is where root is.

(02-26-2021, 04:05 PM)rado84 Wrote: BeamNG shouldn't be a problem in Linux, judging by the high-end requirements.

It's not ported to Linux officially, you have to use Wine or be lazy and use something like Lutris.
Check out my stuff!