Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Glasgow, Scotland
sox-and-the-city Wrote:I've never actually encountered someone who actively dislikes cake before.

I don't "actively dislike cake". I just prefer other things.

~D5~ Wrote:lol ridicuosly late, but Welcome Tongue Glad you seem to be haveing an awesome time!

Thanks - I love your avatar!

Bighug

colinmackay Wrote:I can't believe I've now made 100 posts... Well, this is post 101. :biggrin:

Keep this up and you will soon be as bad as me.

colinmackay Wrote:I'm not much of a cake person.... How about some nice shortbread? Confusedmile:

No objection to shortbread.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:It's like that time i met a guy who didn't like crisps. He fancied me, but i told him it just wouldn't have worked. We were too different...

Oddly, I don't like crisps either. Probably best I am already spoken for. Wink

albabonzai Wrote:I am more of a savory person!

I have never, ever, in my life before considered a soldier to be savoury.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

You guys don't like cake and crisps??

Sorry, this is just kinda breaking my world. I mean, you think you know people and then they drop bombshells like this... What's a guy to do??

I'll get over it, with time...

Hello Colin. Well I am about as far away from Scotland as I can be. I am in Southern California. But that is my body, I think I have some part of my heart in Scotland. A few years ago, I discovered that some of my ancestry is probably from Scotland (surname Bell), and I joined a family association that traces back some of my ancestors to the border clans around Dumfries.

You might like to know that we have a Scottish festival here in Southern California every year with some traditional games, music, and sometimes guests. So just think some part of Scotland is here on the US West Coast.

It's nice to have a chance to say hello. I hope you have as much fun being gay in Scotland as we do in Southern California.

Best Wishes,
Adeptus

Adeptus Wrote:... It's nice to have a chance to say hello. I hope you have as much fun being gay in Scotland as we do in Southern California.
Cold, kilts and gnats ... ? Flamingdevil

sox-and-the-city Wrote:You guys don't like cake and crisps??

Sorry, this is just kinda breaking my world. I mean, you think you know people and then they drop bombshells like this... What's a guy to do??

I'll get over it, with time...
I like cake and crisps, Marshlander likes cake and crisps, and Joseph, I daresay, likes cake and crisps too....
So, are we still friends?

marshlander Wrote:Cold, kilts and gnats ... ? Flamingdevil

"Gnats"??? Do you mean the infamous midges?

And, by the way, kilts can be fantastic. Only problem is that traditionally they are made of wool (which I don't like)... I wouldn't mind trying some kilts in other materials, but they are soo expensive.

What materials would those be, Colin? Silk????

marshlander Wrote:Cold, kilts and gnats ... ? Flamingdevil

Well, it gets cold in Southern California too. Gee, sometimes in mid winter it gets below 50 degrees at night. Of course, we do have something called a Santa Ana in which the wind blows from East to West strongly, and brings in desert conditions. That makes it like summer during the day even in December or January. Nights still stay the same though. Unless during the rare times it rains (but rain usually means conditions will warm up a bit if you stay dry). Oh yes, and it does snow here about once every decade. Only problem is that it melts immediately upon touching the ground.

I'd love to build a snowman, anatomically correct of course, but I'm sorry to say that he would hang a bit limp.

We don't wear kilts here, but I think that is an American social deficiency. I think good knees on a fellow are one of his better points. Here, you have to get their pants off before you can find out, and by that time, you aren't looking at their knees.

Gnats? Well, we do get mosquitos, big nasty blood sucking ones that come up from Mexico. We can't keep anything from Mexico from crossing our borders, and given some of the fellows I've known from there, that is also an advantage to being in Southern California. But do gnats bite? Mosequitos don't, but they do suck, and I don't mean in a good way.

Anyway, I'd love to visit Scotland someday, and I'd put up with the cold and the gnats if I'd just get a real chance to know what guys wear under their kilts...:eek: