Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Houston
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm 24, live in Houston Texas and have been "out" forever and a day (ok, just since I was 15). I'm new to the whole message board thing, so i will probably screw things up (but hopefully no one will be injured). Anywhooo, glad to be here and hope to meet some friends on here.

Ryan

Hey welcome to the forums. Make yourself at home :-)

Hi and Welcome :0)

nice to read you and I hope you will like it here .... Confusedmile:

Hello, Ryan, and welcome. Don't worry about screwing things up. We are all capable of that at some time. Wink

Welcome, Ryan. I drove through Houston on my way to San Antonio once. That was way back in 1991. Texas is a beautiful state. I'll be looking forward to learning more about you through your posts. Feel free to message me anytime. I'm still a newbie here myself.

The Antagonist

Hi & Welcome to GS,

Am I correct in believing that Houston is a lot more gay-friendly than Texas as a whole? Or have I been mislead? Just wondering.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Hey hey Ry! It's cool to see a person new to forums. I hope you enjoy it here!

Hi Ryan,

WELCOME! I'm sure you'll love it here!! Great face profile!

fredv3b Wrote:Hi & Welcome to GS,

Am I correct in believing that Houston is a lot more gay-friendly than Texas as a whole? Or have I been mislead? Just wondering.

Yes, you're correct. We have a very large gay community, and gays have long had pretty prominent roles in the city's public life. Last year Houston elected a lesbian, Annise Parker, as mayor.

Dallas and Austin are also very gay friendly cities. To varying degrees, the rest of Texas is less gay friendly to down right hostile.

Howdy, Ryan, and Welcome!