Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Kentucky
Hey. My name is Eric and I live with my boyfriend in a small town in Kentucky. I'm a college student majoring in Education, English teaching. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years.

I'm sort of "gay friend" deprived. I'm not sure if this site is a good place for this, but I have been on a quest for a while for more friends. No, I'm not saying I only want gay friends. Just saying it would be nice to know some other gay people, besides my boyfriend, that I can talk to on a regular basis.

So that's why I'm here. I want friends. I'm introverted, shy, and nerdy. The odds are already stacked against me.

Um, I write, watch TV, go to the movies, am addicted to Twitter, am trying to learn to skateboard, am trying to get into running, I obsess over Apple products, and I play the occasional video game on my PS3.

Nice to meet all of you. Feel free to say hello.

Hi Eric. Smile this is a great place to make friends.
An eye for an eye

G Day Eric and welcome to Gayspeak.

Hey Eric, welcome to GS I bet you make friends in no time.

Hello, Eric, and Welcome to GaySpeak. I'm not sure how being nerdy, but mostly shy, will connect with you being a teacher one day. I'd say you'll probably find you have to snap out of it, or need to change professions. But who knows, maybe you're a ham when it comes to taking to the stage of a class. Good luck with your studies and your future profession in any case. It's nice to see you here, and we hope you'll share with us what it's like to live in a remote part of Kentucky, being a gay couple. Do your neighbours know?

princealbertofb Wrote:Hello, Eric, and Welcome to GaySpeak. I'm not sure how being nerdy, but mostly shy, will connect with you being a teacher one day. I'd say you'll probably find you have to snap out of it, or need to change professions. But who knows, maybe you're a ham when it comes to taking to the stage of a class. Good luck with your studies and your future profession in any case. It's nice to see you here, and we hope you'll share with us what it's like to live in a remote part of Kentucky, being a gay couple. Do your neighbours know?

Thanks! I was a theatre major for a time, so anytime I'm in front of large groups of people I can get over my shyness pretty easy. I'm more shy when it comes to personal friends and personal relationships, and social situations. (I know, I'm backwards, lol.) on, and yes I think most of them know. Some of them probably assume he's my dad or older brother, though. I know a few people at work have assumed that until I corrected them. There is a 13 year age difference between us.

Hey welcome to the forum :biggrin:

Hi! Feel free to talk with me. You and I sound similar

Heey there buddy! I know what you mean with being 'gay friend' deprived, hahaha. Feel free to pm me or anything if you wanna talk. We're pretty similar but I'm a extrovert.

heyhey , welcome ~