Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from New Hampshire
Hello everyone out there. I stumbled across this forum on google and I hope there are some cool people here I can make friends with.

I'm Marc from New Hampshire. I love to keep aquariums, go fishing, and hiking. I'm also a bit of an automotive and motorcycle enthusiast, I have neither a cool car or bike right now but that should be fixed awfully soon. I love sports, either to play or watch. I'm a huge New England sports fan, I can't live without the Red Sox.

A little about me.

I am newly single after 11.5 years. I was/am married to an awesome woman. We are currently separated and heading towards divorce. We also brought the light of our lives to this earth in the form of our three year old daughter.

I have always felt a strong attraction to men. I have known, inside, for a long time that I am gay but I chose to repress and ignore those feelings and urges for a long time. My wife found a gay hookup site in the history on my phone and threatened divorce if we didn't do couple's therapy. For the record I never cheated on my wife, I would simply look around and, well, take matters into my own hands, if you know what I mean.

I really wanted therapy to work, I didn't want to split up. Early on in therapy I got the feeling that our therapist could see the truth about my sexuality. The more she heard the more convinced she became. Hell, the more I heard myself say out loud the things that I had been thinking or doing in private the more I came to ask myself questions I hadn't asked myself in a long time. Our therapist referred me to an absolutely fantastic therapist that specializes in helping people in the LGBT community.

So as I sit right now I am a 29 year old gay man that lives with his parents and is starting the process of getting a divorce from the woman that has always been his best friend.

Jealous? LoL

Welcome to gs Marc. Smile That's quite a story...congratulations on coming out, and I hope everything ends up well with you and your wife.

And I think we've got a few members who keep aquariums, and certainly others who share your other interests too.

Thank you. I'm not out to everyone quite yet. Hell, I have a hard time saying "I'm gay" out loud to my therapist, but I'm getting there. I hope the day comes where I can be out and happy all the time. I just need to try and work through this very low point in my life and hope things are better on the other side.

Welcome Marc
I commute to New Hampshire a lot for work. Nice people, not so nice if you have a Massachusetts license plate, kidding :p
Welcome

Kidding? No need to kid about that. You dang Massachusetts Flat-landers can't drive worth a damn!! (Obviously I am kidding)

I do love Mass. Mainly Boston. I can spend a day wandering all over that town and love every minute of it.

Fishman, welcome to GS!

My short story: 19 years married to a wonderful woman, 2 teen kids, 3 years divorced (though not because of my sexuality). Now with a bf for 5 months, out with my friends, family and most of my community. I'm still processing my split and the changes in my life.

Glad to hear you have a good therapist. It's great to be able to share what's going on the deepest level with someone else. Good luck with all you're going through!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome! Wavey

welcome ~~~

I am frequently astonished by the life stories people have to tell on here and just as often impressed at the good outcomes they manage to engineer for themselves. I'm suspecting you'll be ok from the clarity with which you express your situation, there's a kind of optimism there too that looks promising.

As to your real problem; why would anyone want to keep fish in a glass tank? That's just so bad I'm surprised it's even legal.Confusedmile: