Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a gay girl
Hello, I'm a closeted lesbian. I'm considering coming out soon so if you have any advice I'd appreciate it. So yeah..

Welcome to gayspeak Smile Be prepared for anything is my advice also make sure you have living arrangements if you live with family etc. Basically just prepare yourself for any reaction and also come out on your terms Smile Don't be forced out and also good luck Smile

If you are a teenage girl:

Try to find out that your parents will or won't kick out you of their house if you come out to them.
If being kicked out is the case then don't come out yet.

Also, prepared yourself (start by studying hard for example) so you can stand on your own feet before coming out.

If you are an adults:

Try to make sure that you have enough real friends that won't leave you if you come out to them. Otherwise, face it like a champ!

Hi and welcome!

Are you planning to come out to family, friends or both? Do you think they will be supportive and accepting?

I'm still working on this myself but I think it's important to be confident and in control of your emotional self. You will want not only their support but also their respect, so try to keep it positive and calm.

If it's your parents: try to brainstorm their questions, and work on how you will respond. You're a teenager, so don't be surprised if they tell you you're confused. How are you going to respond? And, I'm sorry but the reality is, you also need to have contingency plans on a SAFE place to stay in case you need it.

You may even want to post some of your ideas here and get feed back from people.

Good luck! I hope it all goes well for you!
Bighug

Hello and welcome Smile

Good luck with the coming out. It's not a one-off process, it is a process that we often have to keep repeating. I tried it out first on a couple of very close friends before I spread the news any further. I know a lot of people don't feel "coming out" is necessary, but for me it relieved a great burden of remembering who was supposed to know what. That freed me up to just be me Smile

Hello,
Good luck on coming out... It may not seem easy however its only two simple words... Im gay Or im a lesbian *(3 for girls) I know when i came out i just said to my mum mum im gay and her response was.... And? I was expecting questions but none came lol

kindest regards

zeon

Welcome to gayspeak! I love your username. If you are referencing Mumford and Sons, that is one of my favorite songs!

I am still in my coming out process, so no real advice here. So far I have had no problems, but I haven't told my folks. I guess my only insight I can post is that the first person you tell will be very hard, but it gets easier and easier it seems.

I just wanted to post good wishes for you. I hope it all goes well and there are no problems for you.

hi welcome earthling nice to meet you take your time with coming out i know its hard but you can do it
patience + hope = faithConfusedmile: