Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the boonies in NC
Hello everyone, I'm Mike. I live in western North Carolina in the middle of basically no where. Never been good with introductions but I'll give it another shot.

I've been out to friends and family, or pretty much anyone that asks for roughly 10 years. It's been a struggle for me really just learning to deal with it in everyday life. Since I do live in the south and in a rural area it is always hard to find dates and relationships, well let's just say next to nill. I won't get all into the doom and gloom about relationships and all the crummy experiences that I've had. I do see the need for advice and just guidance with trying to figure myself out.

I work in the IT field and currently a Associate System Administrator at a local community college, just started there over the summer. I've done IT work for almost a decade. I have a 2 year degree in Computer Information Technology and an A+ certification. No not a genius or anything. I'm sort of a jack of all trades, I've done a little bit of programming in python, although I have done more work dealing with databases (SQL variants and Unidata). Started out doing PC/laptop repair and consulting.

I do have a few hobbies and probably why I've managed to stay sane lol. I collect and love to play Vinyl, new and old. Stemming from that I guess I consider myself a bit of an audiophile, love good quality sound to put it short. I'm also a licensed ham radio operator. I enjoy photography, both digital and on film. Also learned to develop my own film which was motivated by the fact that it takes a week to get a roll of film developed. So I dabble in a few different things...

Anyway, I guess that sums it up for the time being...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Welcome to GS, Mike!

Welcome to GS Smile

What are your chances to move from where you are now? Maybe a change in location will work wonders for you.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I would like to move and is definitely something I want to work towards to. There are two big things that are keeping me where I am at currently, although could change at anytime. The job I have is a state job and I want to get a little time put in and my mom is very ill, has been since I was 5 years old and it isn't going to change. It's quite a dismal story, I'll touch on it more another time since it gets quite lengthy -- we're talking over 20 years. My sister lives out in Wilmington, NC and I've got my eyes set in that direction. I think staying in the state would be a good choice, at least for now, good retirement, benefits. Also, live with my parents and the rent is basically free. Don't get me wrong I chip in where I can, probably should more so than I am. Nice thing about my job is that it is very specific in nature so I have a foot in the door at any community college in NC. Not sure about other states, but I think career wise I am headed in the right direction. I do want to look at a 4 year degree too, haven't decided exactly what I want to do, thought about becoming an instructor or something along those lines...not sure if I am really cut out for it.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Welcome to the Forum Axle.

Man,,, you really do live way out in the middle of nowhere...... I bet it's beautiful country though...

Do they have "Mail Order Grooms" services up there (smile)(just kidding).... I like to add a little humor in where possible...

Hope to see you on the Forum.

Sin-cerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Welcome to GS Smile
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Welcome to the Forum Axle.

Man,,, you really do live way out in the middle of nowhere...... I bet it's beautiful country though...

Do they have "Mail Order Grooms" services up there (smile)(just kidding).... I like to add a little humor in where possible...

Hope to see you on the Forum.

Sin-cerely,
Jim

It is nice country up here, although it does come at the expense of not having malls and outlet stores or in my case a dating life...but hopefully that will change.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check out my stuff!

Welcome to the forums,,, you sound familiar Wink

SilverBullet Wrote:Welcome to the forums,,, you sound familiar Wink

lol thanks...sound familiar too strangely enough...
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:It is nice country up here, although it does come at the expense of not having malls and outlet stores or in my case a dating life...but hopefully that will change.

With beautiful country side like that,,,, you need to start up a Gay Bed & Breakfast establishment (for singles)... Bring those potential partners to you!!!!

In the picture, I see that Leaf Peeping season is starting. The tourist love to see the colorful foliage......
We Have Elvis !!