Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello guys
Welcome to GS Smile

Like Camfer says and WELCOME.

Bighug
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hello, [MENTION=24077]Tyrell[/MENTION], and Welcome to GaySpeak. What makes you think that you'd lose your friends if you told them you are gay? Is it because they are from the same cultural background as you are? Because if they are not, it is likely they would be at least supportive. Canada's known how to treat its gay population for quite a few years now. What are your reasons for hesitating? Je crois qu'il est temps de prendre ta vie en main, et de te permettre de vivre les sentiments que tu as besoin d'éprouver, ainsi que de vivre la sexualité qui en découle, si cela fonctionne entre toi et quelqu'un d'autre. Le meilleur moyen de ne pas s'attirer l'opprobre, est de vivre sa vie normalement, et de ne pas papillonner à droite et à gauche. Les gens te feront confiance si tu as un steady boyfriend.... non? Que désires-tu, en fait?
For the moment, regarding your mum and parents and siblings, you are busy studying in Canada, so surely, they don't necessarily expect you to come back with a girlfriend. In fact, they are probably hoping you will come home and marry someone at home, but... it is likely they will lose you to Canada if you apply for a longer visa and eventually find a life there. Good luck with those first encounters, but remember that you want to go into them prepared, so get some condoms (etc) if you intend to go the whole way. Better to be prepared.

Never learn typing from a parakeet. All they know how to do is hunt and peck!

Tyrell Wrote:Thank you guys, it's really nice to read your replies Smile

[MENTION=23954]Gemini[/MENTION]: sure I'm going to take my time, I guess coming out is a good thing only when you're ready to handle the consequences.

[MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION]: see ? I'm learning him typing, one day he'll replace me Big Grin lol. Actually the gay village in Montreal is quite fun yes, but I wasn't able to meet people there, maybe because I didn't go to any bar, I've just taken a coffee in Second cup or McDonald lol, also it was very late, about 4 am.
[MENTION=24077]Tyrell[/MENTION], you should really do your shopping during shopping hours.

Thank you guys again Smile

[MENTION=1766]princealbertofb[/MENTION]: exactly, they are originally from the same country as me, so tolerating gay people is not expected, I remember the time they have been talking about homosexuality, and one of them said "gay people didn't choose what they are", he believes they are somehow sick or had bad experience in their childhood, and continued to say "I've got no problem with their sexuality but I cannot hang out with them" lol. So I was like "OK... I won't tell you...chill". I think they could have doubts about me, but they are not ready to hear it. One day, one of them took my phone, got in my FB account, and posted a statu saying "I'm gay...sorry girls" LOL, and one of my colleague sent me a message saying "Don't worry it is OK, and I'm proud of you" (kind person)...I didn't understand anything until I saw that statu on my wall, and I was so freaked out to the point they were wondering what's going on here? I think this has triggered their doubts, but they still accept me, I'm even sure they consider me as a brother.

So my reason for hesitating are my friends and the fear I have to be in a relationship. Je veux bien prendre ma vie en main, sentir amoureux ne serait-ce qu'une fois, et vivre ma sexualité comme toute autre personne, surtout que je m'approche des 30 ans avec zéro expérience LOL. For sure I'm a steady boyfriend, I cannot handle the one time things.

As for my parents, you're right since I got here in Canada, they're not asking me anymore about girls, I even told them I'm planning to live in Canada for years if not for the rest of my life.

Thank you for your reply, and I'm sure I won't go into my first encounters unprepared Smile

[MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION]: you're right, especially pecking but I'm kinda used to that LOL
[MENTION=1766]princealbertofb[/MENTION]: Next time I'll make sure I go there during the shopping hours haha.

Offtopic here, but my mom has 4 parakeets - she bought a green one, then kept seeing other colors she likes better - blue, white and yelow. I named them Cranky, Crabby, Grouchy and Grumpy because they screech so much. She wanted to give me a couple of them when I moved out, but I declined respectfully lol -

[MENTION=23954]Gemini[/MENTION]: Yeah they really can be kind of annoying with all their screeching and pecking thing lol but you'll only deal with that if you are crazy passionate about them, like I am, in my home land I got like 70 birds from different species, I dealt with them for more than 10 years, so dealing with just one is bearable lol. And you know my passion helps me to keep going and forget things that I'm not happy about.