Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello guys
Hello everyone,

First things first I'm from Tunisia, I'm gay, 26 years old (soon), single and never had a boyfriend, I guess I have one good thing in my life which is studies, focusing on that is the best way to feel progress and achievement.

As any gay person on this earth, I suffered harassment when I was a teen, but I've learned from that, it wasn't a big deal anyway since they were never sure about me being gay. This means I've never came out, never, you would ask my why? Imagine yourself coming out in a traditional Arabic country, even though the laws are not severe compared to other religious countries, but still, you would suffer from rejection and bullying your whole life, in overall it will bring you no good, so I choose to be quite and live my life the way it is. I've two brothers and one sister, they're all in relationships or married, most of them have kids, so yeah, my family is now wondering more than ever why I'm still alone, I guess my mom has doubts but she cannot tell me a word (I'm pretty sure she would never hate me for my orientation even though she's religious).

Through my studies I was able to come to Canada (master student), I'm thousands kilometers away from my land, from my family and my old friends, however it is the path I've chosen and I would never regret it, I've been here for more than a year and the only thing I can say, Canada is a GREAT place, and after all being far away is such a relief.

My daily life is about studies, gym, friends and my parakeet "Tyrell" (yeah it is his name), he is 4 months old and he can live up to 30 years, so he's a life partner.

I have few close friends in Canada, they're all straight and don't know about me being gay, I was thinking to tell them but the idea of loosing them is just horrific, I cannot handle my life without their presence, they are family to me. So guess what? Even in Canada, still in the closet.

The way I lived made me that guy who is afraid to start a gay adventure with someone, I visited the gay village in Montreal two times but I was like really stressed out. I feel ashamed of that because when it comes to gay stuff I'm no longer that smiling and sociable guy, I want to change this, I also want to have gay friends with whom I can share anything without lying and pretending being some straight guy. So I guess that's the reason I'm here, also I'm tri-lingual (English, French and Arabic) maybe this helps to make new friends .

Sorry, I had too much to say, you know it is a something that I have never shared before so...

See ya.

Welcome to GS Smile
9 hours and no one has welcomed this guy yet :O

Welcome Tyrell, hope you find a sense of release and community here at GS Smile

Just to let you know until you reach 50 posts, occasionally your posts will randomly go for moderation so won't show for hours. Feel free to use the spam thread 'Longest posting streak..' to just keep posting spam until you reach 50 posts Smile It can be found here: https://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=675950#post675950

Enjoy your time here and look forward to seeing you around.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Welcome to the forum [MENTION=24077]Tyrell[/MENTION], I hope you enjoy it here and get to feeling a little more comfortable about things Welcome

Welcome to GS

Welcome
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Welcome!

This is a good place to talk to other gay guys and get some perspective. People come out in their own time, when they feel ready. You're not ready yet, and there's no shame in that.

I'd suggest that you participate in the forum and get more comfortable interacting with other gay men. No pressure, no rush. Lol just dip in a toe and test the waters.

Hi welcome to GS Smile
An eye for an eye

Wow, that parakeet sure can type! I thought most of them just sat on a perch and sang. j/k

Welcome to the forum! People are very friendly and supportive around here.

The Montreal gay village is a fun place. No need to stressed out there. Understandable not to be out in Tunisia. Canada allows you to be yourself, so make yourself a gay friend or two and enjoy it!

Thank you guys, it's really nice to read your replies Smile

[MENTION=23954]Gemini[/MENTION]: sure I'm going to take my time, I guess coming out is a good thing only when you're ready to handle the consequences.

[MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION]: see ? I'm learning him typing, one day he'll replace me Big Grin lol. Actually the gay village in Montreal is quite fun yes, but I wasn't able to meet people there, maybe because I didn't go to any bar, I've just taken a coffee in Second cup or McDonald lol, also it was very late, about 4 am.

hello and welcome to Gayspeak buddy