Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, hello, hello!
I guess I'll start off a little about myself. I was born in Seattle and lived around the area my whole life up until college when I moved to Pennsylvania for school. I'm looking to transfer back to the west coast because I miss it to death, so I'll be in LA if everything works out.

I just recently turned 19 (woohoo!) and I came out to my mom about a few weeks ago; it was hard but it had to be done. She took it well, surprisingly. Anyway, I'm here to just reach out to the community indirectly. Accepting myself as a gay man was the utmost difficult thing to grasp and comprehend, but the continual denial made me bitter and my high school experience was...let's just say, not the best I hoped compared to my older sister. But I wanted to change all that once I graduated so I promised myself "no more lies," which I followed. Life after high school has been so much better -- it really does get better.

Aside from that, I'm as ordinary as an average Joe. I love watching movies, especially indie and foreign films; I love listening to music (pop, alternative, dance, oldies, rock, electronic); I love cooking desserts lol; I LOVE running, which has completely changed my life and helped me lose 70 lbs (210 to approx 140!!! My biggest accomplishment to date); I enjoy keeping up with trends and fashion; I enjoy going to cafes with friends and sitting, talking about life for hours; I love being in the city, but enjoy the countryside, as well (some of my favorite places are LA, NYC); I like busywork which keeps me going; I love dogs a lot! I had a German Shepherd and loved her to death; and I think I will stop before I bore anyone else!

As far as dating goes, I don't have a specific preference. I appreciate all men in all different sizes and shapes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- cheesy, I know, but it's true! Finding someone who understands me, who can just sit in a room together and not have to constantly talk, who tolerate me and my weirdness is all so important. I'm weird, and I know it, and I love it!

Hello and welcome DXJ , make your self at home.Welcome

Hello and welcome to the forum mate, hole you like it Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Hi dxj5069!Confusedmile:, Welcome to this magical place. Glad you feel better now that you´re out of the closet with your mom, you know, in addition to feel released from the burden of lying and appearances a special tie is created between you and that person that loves you and now can share that part of yourself. Coming out is a really difficult process for both parts, and not always finish well. Consider yourself a lucky one. And yes, you´ll find a lot of interesting things here in the forum, supportive, creative and ingenius pals, and you´ll have lots of fun. Invasion

Nice to meet you dxj! Welcome to the forum Smile

Welcome to gayspeak, great to hear such a positive story. Keep up the good work

Welcome! Wavey

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Newbie