Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, need a bit of help.
Hi, I'm 22 years old, still pretty far back in the closet and wanting to start easing out. I really just turned to this forum to find like minded people with similar experiences. I just really need help with the whole coming out process.

I recently came out to my sister which did not go as planned at all. But I'm still tired of hiding myself, and I think life will be much easier on me if I can be real with people. I must have put up a really good act for all these years because nobody has ever even guessed or anything.

So if anybody happens to be bored tonight and have Skype or AIM please let me know. I just really need somebody to talk to to calm my nerves and decide if what I'm doing is right.

Welcome to GS Smile

I came out to my parents a few months ago. It was so scary and did not turn out well. But I do not regret anything.

I feel free and proud of who I am. The most important thing I tell people is make sure you are in a safe place before coming out. Such as if you live at home will you get kicked out or physically hurt? Just be safe and have a back up place to stay.

Sometimes families just need time to adjust I mean it is a big shock. If you need to talk send me a PM.

mbennet35 Wrote:Welcome to GS Smile

I came out to my parents a few months ago. It was so scary and did not turn out well. But I do not regret anything.

I feel free and proud of who I am. The most important thing I tell people is make sure you are in a safe place before coming out. Such as if you live at home will you get kicked out or physically hurt? Just be safe and have a back up place to stay.

Sometimes families just need time to adjust I mean it is a big shock. If you need to talk send me a PM.

I'm on my own. I'm not worried about getting kicked out or anything. Disowned maybe. I'm just trying to slowly ease my way out. It's a hard thing to do in Georgia.

The one piece of advice that I give anyone when they are considering coming out is something that was told to me by one of my best friends when I came out. She said, "You only have one life in which to be happy and you are the only one who can truly make yourself happy." In other words, you have to be comfortable and happy with who you are before you will ever be happy with anyone or anything else. And it sounds like you are on your way there.

Coming out to anyone, especially family, can be scary. You have to decide when the right time to do it is and the best way to do it. Don't let anyone dictate to you when you should tell someone or not. And yes, people will react to it in different ways. Not all of them good. But I've found that with the exception of family members, if a person is truly your friend and truly cares for you, it won't make a difference to them if you're gay, straight, bi, trans, or anything else for that matter.

Family can be a bit more difficult, or rather they may have a harder time accepting the fact that you're gay, but given some time, and a little bit of effort on everyone involved's part, even family members have a way if accepting it.

I wish you all the best in your "coming out journey" and just remember that we are all here for you. Bighug

You are you. Be the best you that you can be.
Its nobodys business who you want to date. Do "straight" people "come out"????
No, they dont, cause its nobodys business if they want to date the opposite sex.

You be who you are, be a decent human being, and nobody is gonna give a rats ass if you want to date men or not.

I came out to my longtime best friend today and It went very well. And I'm actually planning on coming out to his wife this weekend. I need someone to go shopping with. He hates shopping. It's was his idea, he wants me to be her gay guy friend so he can get out of things.

But all in all it has been a very good night.

Saint Wrote:Hi, I'm 22 years old, still pretty far back in the closet and wanting to start easing out. I really just turned to this forum to find like minded people with similar experiences. I just really need help with the whole coming out process.

I recently came out to my sister which did not go as planned at all. But I'm still tired of hiding myself, and I think life will be much easier on me if I can be real with people. I must have put up a really good act for all these years because nobody has ever even guessed or anything.

So if anybody happens to be bored tonight and have Skype or AIM please let me know. I just really need somebody to talk to to calm my nerves and decide if what I'm doing is right.

Telling the truth is always the right thing to do. Simple as that. Lying is unhealthy.

If your parents take issue with you being gay, simply remind them that it didn't happen overnight, and that the son they raised and loved for all those years was attracted to boys that entire time unbeknownst to them. You aren't any different now than you were then.

starbelly Wrote:Telling the truth is always the right thing to do. Simple as that. Lying is unhealthy.

If your parents take issue with you being gay, simply remind them that it didn't happen overnight, and that the son they raised and loved for all those years was attracted to boys that entire time unbeknownst to them. You aren't any different now than you were then.

I'm not quite ready to let my parents know yet. That one's going to be a little while.

Saint Wrote:I'm not quite ready to let my parents know yet. That one's going to be a little while.

Do everything in your own time. When you are ready.

Smile

Hello Saint, if I had not been outed, I don't know that my parents would ever had know, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]