Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello out there.
Hiya, my name is Paul, I'm 26 years old and I live in a small town in South western Ontario, Canada. I've been out to my family and friends since high school but since I live in a small town I'm still closeted to the public. My exposure to gay culture is fairly limited, but I've reach a point in my life where I'm ready to start learning and this seems like a good place to start.

Hello Paul!, welcome to gayspeak. Glad to see another Canadian here ^_^

welcome Smile I hope ya like it here

We've got some members not too far from where you're at. Welcome to the forum.

G Day Paul and welcome to GaySpeak Smile

tidings for the u.s.

And a big welcome from the Black Country in England. Hello

Greetings from Sweden... Just curious... Where and how many does speak French in Canada?

Bighughello - have a warm welcome from the uk

Aester Wrote:Greetings from Sweden... Just curious... Where and how many does speak French in Canada?

Quebec and parts of the maritime provinces are primarily french speaking. So if you're in Quebec expect mostly french, very few english.

Outside of Quebec, not very many people speak the language. We're taught it all through school, but must people don't keep up with it after high school. There are french emersion schools set up but even then, if you're living in an english speaking part of the country it's still something you have to keep up with or you lose it. Also French Canadian is slightly different than French but I don't really have an ear for it to describe it for you :p

Personally I don't speak a word of it anymore. I used to know bits and pieces coming out of high school, but it's all faded away by this point. Though I'm not opposed to learning it again if I ever find the drive to do so.

And thanks for the greeting everyone!