Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there :)
Hi! I'm Ila, almost 21 years old(counting hours...) student from Finland. I was bit nervous for joining here, partly because I don't write english very well(and my pronunciation is horrible), but also because I don't fit into traditional binary gender system. I'm neutrois/agender/genderless(pick any), which also means that my sexuality don't fit into gay/bi/lesbian -thing. But I'm intressed in men Smile

I found this forum by googling "gay forums" and this site was in first page Smile It tooks few days(weeks) to find courage to register, but here I am Smile

I'm not good in these introducion things... As me, if you want to know something.

Hi Ila and welcome! Nice to have you here Smile It took me several weeks to register and then several months to start posting Smile

Hello and welcome to the forum mate, hope you like it Smile

Välkommen igen om du är Svensktalande Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

LOL Zet,
you know, I once thought about what other language to learn. Swedish and Finnish both were on the top of my list.
Then I got scared by Swedish pronunciation and after that I was told that Finnish was one of the most difficult languages in the world and I cowardly bought an Italian textbook :biggrin:

Zet Wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum mate, hope you like it Smile

Välkommen igen om du är Svensktalande Smile

Thank you, but I'm afraid that I don't speak swedish Sad I should, since my grandfather's native languege was swedish, but I hardly even understand it. But I'm studying it currently, so I could at least pass next swedish-course Wink

Lol nick, frankly Swedish is very Similar to English, and as Norwegian and Danish is also similar it would mean that you could have an understand for 2 languages although you don't speak Smile

Finnish is ratter hard, it is so unique from the rest of the languages of Scandinavia, think the languages of Baltics are pretty similar Smile The only words I know on Finnish is swear word and strangely how to tell someone you love them xD
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Some useful knowledge! Smile Yeah, I should have tried Swedish. After buying the Italian textbook I realized that Italian was much more difficult than English Smile

Vetehinen Wrote:Thank you, but I'm afraid that I don't speak swedish Sad I should, since my grandfather's native languege was swedish, but I hardly even understand it. But I'm studying it currently, so I could at least pass next swedish-course Wink

Studying 3 languages is hard, I understand if you don't speak it, It isn't the most important language to learn. Does many Finns in Finland still speak Swedish and does many schools in Finland still teach it? I thought it was vanishing with time Smile

Nick9 Wrote:Some useful knowledge! Smile Yeah, I should have tried Swedish. After buying the Italian textbook I realized that Italian was much more difficult than English Smile

Just learn it from Peter Grifin he is a master when it comes to Italian :biggrin:

Zet Wrote:Studying 3 languages is hard, I understand if you don't speak it, It isn't the most important language to learn. Does many Finns in Finland still speak Swedish and does many schools in Finland still teach it? I thought it was vanishing with time Smile

We have whole regions where most of the people speak only swedish Big Grin And yes, swedish is still mandatory school subject in almost every schools in here(except in swedish schools). This is why I ashamed for understanding it so badly. I've been studying it almost six years(last three only occasionally), but I think that hating EVERYTHING in school was one of the reasons it is so hard now :redface: