Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there :)
Nick9 Wrote:LOL Zeon Sometimes I wonder if you lost the dot and comma from your keyboard. Bighug You are making the reading a challenge for us, but I love you anyway :biggrin:

Lol Rofl . Too cute :tongue: .

QueenOdi Wrote:Lol, I can say hello and a few phrases in Italian, but not much. :redface: .
Ciao Nick. Come stai?

Yeah, the Portuguese here is from the Azores. I probably have some in my blood somewhere, because my grandpa on my mom's side is white/portuguese.

I'm not exactly sure why I picked up Romanian. I thought it was fancy :p . Plus, it's not a common language, and like Greek it is very old Confusedmile: .

Buna ziua Nick. Cum eşti?

I remember a few greeting phrases and what not, but I haven't spoken it in so long, I've just forgotten about it unfortunately. I love learning new languages Smile . I currently teaching myself Japanese :biggrin: .

Unfortunately, I don't speak Portuguese. I just love the sound. School around usually concentrate just on European Portuguese though.
Fancy? Yeah, I know the feeling. I had been learning Japanese for one year becaue it seemed to be fancy Smile It was long time ago, I remember just several characters, some words and phrases, but I don't regret trying. I was surprised that learning to write those characters wasn't that difficult actually. It was like learning a poem. One stroke of a brush after another Smile

Zet Wrote:Heh don't feel bad, bloody hell its not like we are getting teach Finnish here Smile Except those with it as mother tongue. I had no idea that there were areas that only spoke Swedish, so, there is noone who speaks Finnish there? Interesting Smile You were not alone to dislike going to school. I am just happy my self I graduated last summer although I am newly unemployed again Smile But atleast you speak very well English, some Brits, Yanks and Aussies misspell some time as well. From time to time do I have to use google translate to translate some words that are either unknown or don't know what it is in English. We are getting teach English ever since year 2 of school, yet some speak it so bad you would not believe it.

But I WANT to learn it :'D
Well, there isn't any regions where no one speaks finnish. Some cities in coast are mainly swedish(and whole Åland), and some cities are bilingual(like my hometown). But most of them are just finnish :[

Nick9 Wrote:Unfortunately, I don't speak Portuguese. I just love the sound. School around usually concentrate just on European Portuguese though.
Fancy? Yeah, I know the feeling. I had been learning Japanese for one year becaue it seemed to be fancy Smile It was long time ago, I remember just several characters, some words and phrases, but I don't regret trying. I was surprised that learning to write those characters wasn't that difficult actually. It was like learning a poem. One stroke of a brush after another Smile

I didn't realize there was a "European Portuguese" , but perhaps it's just the dialect? The portguese here is raw, so it's hard to keep up, if you don't pay attention :p .

Yeah, Japanese is fairly easy, but it's those silly "tags" that irritate me;

Nick-Sama
Nick-Nee San
Nick-Kun

Those sorts of things :confused: . I'm afraid i'm going to disrespect someone and call the mayor/president -Kun instead of -San . lol

Has Finnish and Swedish something in common? I wouldn't think so, but I am not sure.

QueenOdi Wrote:I didn't realize there was a "European Portuguese" , but perhaps it's just the dialect?
Haha, I wouldn't say that aloud in Portugal.

QueenOdi Wrote:Yeah, Japanese is fairly easy, but it's those silly "tags" that irritate me;

Nick-Sama
Nick-Nee San
Nick-Kun

Those sorts of things :confused: . I'm afraid i'm going to disrespect someone and call the mayor/president -Kun instead of -San . lol
Yeah, that was the main reason why I gave up. Not only different type of addressing people, but also different endings of verbs (or totally different verbs, depending on who you speak to) I got scared and ran :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum!

Nick9 Wrote:Has Finnish and Swedish something in common? I wouldn't think so, but I am not sure.

The language has nothing in common, or very little, but Sweden and Finland have share a long bound through out the history. Like Norway has been a part of Denmark for centuries, has Finland been a part of Sweden Smile Scandinavia was once just split between Sweden and Denmark, no Norway, No Finland, No Iceland, as Scotland and Wales are a part of the great Britain or UK.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Vetehinen Wrote:But I WANT to learn it :'D
Well, there isn't any regions where no one speaks finnish. Some cities in coast are mainly swedish(and whole Åland), and some cities are bilingual(like my hometown). But most of them are just finnish :[

Think Åbo and Vasa is pretty Swedish influenced cities. If you have the ambition you will eventually learn it Smile Easiest way to learn a language is to speak it daily although. My teacher has always nagged on me that I spell like a fuck and mixing words grama wise, but when I got to England for instance there were no problem to get understood or to understand them at all Smile It would be nice to know Finish as well here as most emigrants we got is Finns, and then Middle easterners.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

thanks, I need to refresh my history... And what were the relations between Denmark and Sweden (back then)? Rival? Peaceful?