Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there :)
Zet Wrote:The language has nothing in common, or very little, but Sweden and Finland have share a long bound through out the history. Like Norway has been a part of Denmark for centuries, has Finland been a part of Sweden Smile

There is actually some loanwords that are borrowed from swedish to finnish. Like motor – moottori, kort – kortti, läkare - lääkäri and babord – paapuuri Smile And if I understood right, there is even words that are loaned from finnish to swedish.

Nick9 Wrote:thanks, I need to refresh my history... And what were the relations between Denmark and Sweden (back then)? Rival? Peaceful?

Sweden and Denmark has the highest record for the longest or the most wars out through history. Swedes and Danes has almost always fought each other. Its not until later years (100 years from now or somewhere till now, somewhere there) that we've become friendly to each other. Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Vetehinen Wrote:There is actually some loanwords that are borrowed from swedish to finnish. Like motor – moottori, kort – kortti, läkare - lääkäri and babord – paapuuri Smile And if I understood right, there is even words that are loaned from finnish to swedish.

Might be Smile Not sure my self of what words we have and have not in common :redface:. But in comparison to Norwegian or Danish, is Finnish from another language group. Sweden has also been inspired from other languages as well as Portfölj (Briefcase) is inspired from the French from what I've heard.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Zet Wrote:Sweden and Denmark has the highest record for the longest or the most wars out through history. Swedes and Danes has almost always fought each other. Its not until later years (100 years from now or somewhere till now, somewhere there) that we've become friendly to each other. Smile

thank you Smile the only thing that I remember about Sweden and wars is the year 1648 and that you don't want to give us the booty back :biggrin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_P...%281648%29

Hello and welcome to the family. WaveyWelcome

Welcome! Wavey

I do not see anything complicated about to register on the site. welcome

Frankly nick, to describe Scandinavia is like this when it comes to term of relation.

[Image: poster.jpg]

Norway is in the Middle between Sweden and Denmark, and Finland is behind Sweden, and Iceland behind Denmark Smile

Callboy01 Wrote:I do not see anything complicated about to register on the site. welcome

Mentally it is really complicated Big Grin "I don't suit there, I'm not gay enough, I can't speak well enough english, what if they don't like me, what if they say mean things..." etc. And it's gonna be like that EVERY SINGLE TIME I join on some site Big Grin

Don't be like that, GS is like a family and I am your brother. The only one restricting is your self, gay is a sexuality, not a personality. Bloody hell we got gay-friendly straight people in this site as well Smile There will always be people you like, and don't like, thats how the world works, even here, its a big forum. Relax... Have a blast. If there is anything you got in your heart just out with it, noone will judge, if not very few who also have problem themselves.