Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello world! :cooldevil:
I feel good and excited to be part of this forum where I feel I really can belong. It just feels like I can be myself right here. Anyway, my name is Jon, 28 years old from the Philippines. I only came out to friends but not to my family. Although, I suppose they already have a hint regarding my sexuality. I just did not confirm the truth to them. I dunno, I just feel so insecure, possessive and weird when it comes to my family. I don’t want to see them hurt (if they’d be), emotional or extremely joyous when I tell them. It just feels weird to me – I feel like I’ll throw up or breakdown. I just dunno. Right now, I’ll just keep that secret to myself. I’ll tell them someday at the right time because they deserve to know the truth about me. Maybe that’s also one of the reasons why I am still single until now.

OK, what decided me to join this forum is because for these past months, I have been having close encounters with my “very” self – my soul. For the past months, every single thing that is happening to my life – whether from my reading, conversations with people, solitude, travel, etc. – opened something genuine about my self. Maybe because of age, I’m nearing 30, that’s why I tend to be so pensive recently. Questions flared on my mind: who am I? What should I do with my life? Where do I go from here? I was actually a close-minded, insecure and lonely person before this awakening thing, even right now I still get those feelings, however the difference is I can cope better now.

What I am trying to say is that right now my very goal in life is to live the best of it - to live high, to not take stupid things personally, to find love and be lost in love, and as much as possible to be present moment to moment. Well, that’s me. I just want to be true to myself. I really hate regrets.

Anyway, I’m so excited to meet you guys out there – to strike a conversation and share feelings, ideas, advices and other good things. To find friendship, or even love (haha!) right here. I dunno. I just want to be like water, my friend. Just to go with the flow of life.

Watermelon

Hi Jon!!! I totally relate to the things you've said, welcome.
I feel like there's this kind of "theme" the past 2 years in people's lives that they cannot bare anymore living in a lie. And these questions of identity and purpose go along with that.
Best luck with finding out your truest desires.

Thank you, DreamMaker! I wish you also the best. BUNNY

DreamMaker Wrote:Hi Jon!!! I totally relate to the things you've said, welcome.
I feel like there's this kind of "theme" the past 2 years in people's lives that they cannot bare anymore living in a lie. And these questions of identity and purpose go along with that.
Best luck with finding out your truest desires.

Hello Wavey
Great intro!! Welcome to GS Smile

Thanks, man! Happy to be here. Cat2

BlueStar Wrote:Hello Wavey
Great intro!! Welcome to GS Smile

Hey! Welcome!

Look forward to reading your posts.....

Thank you! Cat2

Rareboy Wrote:Hey! Welcome!

Look forward to reading your posts.....

welcome to the forum!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Quote:Questions flared on my mind: who am I? What should I do with my life? Where do I go from here? I was actually a close-minded, insecure and lonely person before this awakening thing, even right now I still get those feelings, however the difference is I can cope better now.

I assure you, at age 48 and pushing 50 I still don't have answers to those and many other questions. Just 20 years later I learn to not care about those questions, their answers will be revealed in time.

Hi and Welcome to the board. Wavey

I 100% agree with you regarding that, Bowyn Aerrow. I am not trying to answer those questions myself. It'll just add up stress and pressure to my life. As what I have said, I'll just try to be like water. hehe! Just flow through the river of life.

Thanks for the nice welcome! Cat2

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I assure you, at age 48 and pushing 50 I still don't have answers to those and many other questions. Just 20 years later I learn to not care about those questions, their answers will be revealed in time.

Hi and Welcome to the board. Wavey