Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help...
We've all* done it. You know, falling in love with the one guy you can't have.* Well, it finally happened to me.* I've been in love before, but nothing like this, and you know what? It sucks.* Mr. Perfect walked into my life innocently, and it was great to have a friend that I could trust and be open with about being gay.* I knew he was already engaged to another guy, and that was ok because, hey, we were just friends.** Yeah, I thought he was hot, and the nicest guy I'd ever met, but that was it.* Before long Mr. Perfect became my best friend, I'm talking like nonstop texting and stuff (nearly 10,000 msgs in two weeks).* The more I learned about him, the more I started to think "wow, wish I had a guy like him." Then it happened.* I was sitting there listening to him talk about some bad shit that had happened to him when he was younger, it was sad, but my reaction to it took even me by surprise.* Just hearing about him being unhappy made me put my fist through a wall, leaving me standing there thinking "oh shit, why am I so upset?" Since then he's figured out that I'm head over heels in love with him (I'm talking can't sleep, can't eat, can't think kind of thing) and he wasn't mad at all. Of course, Mr. Perfect took it...perfectly.* He was supportive and understanding and just wanted to help...making me love him even more.* What also sucks is that his boyfriend is a friend too, though not as close and he's a really nice guy. In fact, I wouldn't even want them to break up because I love this guy so damn much I don't want to put him through that. I want him to be happy. Even if it isn't with me. What else sucks is that I know he feels for me too. He pretty much admitted that, but I can't have his heart. And its killing me.* This guy could tell me to go jump off a bridge and I'd do it gladly, and if I don't get some sleep soon I'm going to be sick so please help! Any advice would be helpful!!

Two options. 3somes or walk away now

Find something really annoying about him and focus on that completely.

If you love him that much, it should be easier for you to let him live the life and to chose the partner HE wants. Be glad you have found a good friend, they are rare.

Your post is clear, he's engaged: he's happy in that engagement. That's the only thing you need to know. He's unavailable for the kind of relationship you want.

Why don't you take a break from your new friend, for now? Stop the texting. Put some distance there until you sort though these feeling. Situations like these can happen to anybody, at anytime in their lives - the key is to accept the facts and move on emotionally - even though it's never easy.