Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Sudden cramps in chest
Is it normal or can even a 19 year old have an heart attack? I mean just some seconds ago I just experienced some unexplained weird heavy cramps in the middle of my chest, Felt like a train hit me. It came twice, first one, then after 20-30 seconds another sudden heavy cramp appeared. It hurt like fuck, worse then getting kicked in the balls and it still hurts now, 1-2 min afterwards. Does anyone know what it is or can explain it?
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Go to a doctor .... immediately.....

It can have many reasons ... from heart, lungs... spinal column, muscle cramps ..whatever ... but if there is a possibility that it can be the heart...visit a doctor....

I used to ahev this problem... Go make a "electro-cardiograma", take it to a cardio , he'll examine you and give you 2 tipes of pills, can't remember the name . And it also can be from the insuficient air your lungs can have.

You can go to the ER or call an ambulance. They carry heart monitors that can show if ur having a life threatening problem. I definitely advise you to seek some professional medical care ASAP!

I have asthma and on a humid day if got doing to much it would fell like i got stabbed in chest and last for about 5 min

Absolutly ...My cousin was 19 when he had his first heart attack...GO TO THE HOSPITAL

Having a heart attack is abnormal - at any age. "Normal" no is no heart attack.

As for a 19 year old having a heart attack, it is very rare, it an happen, but not very often.

Without knowing your medical history I can only assume you have the more common (or most common) ailment of a 'panic attack' or 'anxiety attack'.

If you are the type to 'bury' or attempt to hide your emotions, then you will have a tendency for strong emotions like panic/fear/anxiety to express themselves earlier in the form of physical symptoms, like a tightening of the chest leading to pain.

The problem with chest pains associate with anxiety, is that the vicious circle of more pain more anxiety sets up where you start panicking over the idea that you are having a heart attack.

I'm telling you this so hopefully you can use a bit of rationality to calm yourself a tad as you CALMLY go to the Emergency Room and see a doctor immediately.

If its only anxiety attacks then why see a doctor? Because there are a plethora of other medical reasons for pain in the chest. Asthma, collapsing lung, allergies, acid reflux, hernia somewhere in the chest - all of these could be possible and should be ruled out.

Further, if you are having anxiety attacks you need to get that treated and start working on resolving the causes of your anxiety. They have pills for that now days.

Keep us updated Zet.
Hope you're ok.

Zet...GO TO THE DOCTOR...NOW! Do NOT take any other advice because that is exactly what I did and by the time I had a heart attack and was getting stents put in they told me that 10% of my heart was already dead from previously having a heart attack and I made the mistake of asking people for their opinion. When you have a heavy feeling the ONLY opinion that matters is from the doctor and your EKG...

Heart attacks are NOT abnormal as someone suggested...heart disease is the #1 killer...heart disease is very normal and very common. PLEASE go and let a doctor look at you....don't wait. It actually could be something else but let a doctor tell you that.

It's not normal to have chest pains Zet but it is extremely possibly for a 19 yar old to have a heart attack.

Go to hospital emergency IMMEDIATELY.

That goes without saying for anyone any age that has strange chest pains. You can't be revived when you are dead, but you can be treated if you see someone soon enough.