Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me plz..
Yesterday I told my mom that Im gay and she took it alright she said she still loves me and supports me no matter what. But after yesterday she acts weird shes extra nice and stuff. Im also very worried how my dad will react and my friends. I feel like Im going to lose alot of people because of this. My friends who are straight wont want to talk to me and stuff. I just feel like dying I feel horrible. Please give me some advice. Thx.

Let me congratulate you on being brave enough to reveal who you are. I'm still dealing with a lot myself and am pretty much in the closet. I know I feel a lot more freer than I did this time last year. From my understanding, people that you wouldn't think support you end up supporting you. You don't have to broadcast your sexuality. Find some gay friends to help build your confidence and esteem. I don't know if you have a Facebook or not but I was truly shocked at how many of my straight and married friends changed their profile picture to support equality. People think more highly of you then you think. Why not feel good enough about yourself to not let what other people think of you determine your mood. Keep in touch! There are some really caring people on this site.

Gay, Straight, why make a issue of it? If someone asks, say "Yes, why?" There is a difference between admission and broadcasting, so take it easy, enjoy. If your friends are really true friends then they won't care.

First off, you are not alone. Anytime that you need someone to talk to, there is somebody to call. Check ot this link:
http://www.lgbtcenters.org/Centers/Calif...enter.aspx

Coming out is never easy and is different for everyone. If you are Latino, as your name suggests, then there are other pressures which may be associated with your culture that will make coming out difficult as well. It is important that you establish a relationship with one of the gay organizations in your area. Double007 and Jim are right- try to find a gay friend, someone hopefully with a similar background and as close in age as possible.

The people who are your real friends will always stand by you. Some people may leave, or not want to spend time with you. You may also find that you really didn't have as much in common with some people as you thought. No matter. The important thing is that you remain true to yourself.

Hang in there. It only gets better! Smile

That fear is very common, so you are far from alone. Congratulations, it takes a lot of bravery to even admit to one person something you are afraid will blow up your entire world.

Congratulations on coming out to your mom. Give her time. She will adjust and return to her normal behavior. Until then "extra nice" is nothing to complain about, right? Take your time and don't force the issue with the rest of your friends and family. Allow yourself your own process as it feels right to you. At some point it may take on a life of its own as your friends tell friends. You can handle that.

Welcome to GS!

First let me say congrats on telling your mom about it.
Do not worry too much about her being extra nice ,she is just trying to be there for you.

Us mothers make great battering rams, and have your back when things come to shove.
Sweetie you have to take your time with this , look for your comfort level as a measure, you will know when it is the right time to come all the way out.

I know you fear losing people ,but give them time to get used to it.
And besides a true friend will understand and be there for you.

Welcome to G.S.

First of all...friends that don't talk to you because you are gay aren't friends in the first place, so do you want fake people in your life?

As far as mum goes, she knew you were gay before you told her you are gay, she is not being extra nice, she is being herself. There is a lot of tension created when secrets are being kept....you are tense because you fear the reaction, your mum is tense because she knows and is patiently waiting for you to tell her so that she can start helping you....both of these by the way are 100% normal and it is why the phrase 'Like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders' fits what you are feeling when you told your mum and she accepted. Smile