Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help need to tell my dad :(
I really want to come clean with my dad. I do not know how to tell him. I have had 95% male partner in my life, only in my 3 years of my adulthood I had female partners. He's always talking when I will get married and have kids :frown:. He's not a man that will understand homosexuality.

If he's not going to understand homosexuality, he's probably going to have a very tough time with bisexuality. However, sometimes we don't give our parents credit for having experienced life too. I felt the same about my father, having heard him make any number of anti-gay remarks over the years. I eventually came out to him in my 40s and although he may not really understand how I feel, he now understands why and all the comments have stopped, apart from the really funny ones.

If you can say something he'll probably stop pestering you about getting married ... or the next time he asks you could just say you haven't found the right man yet. Wink

All the best.

he will be hurt maybe...
but he will learn to accept that soon enough...
you are family after all...
you re a good person and he knows that for sure...

I guess the question is, Do you need to tell him or do you want to tell him?
If it is the former then remember that you are a free man and you do not have to justify it to no one. Also, you do not need any ones approval to be happy. However, if you want to tell him because you feel you want to have an honest relationship then go ahead. But ask yourself one question, has your dad really and honestly told you EVERYTHING about his life that was personal to him.
About getting married you can always find excuses and say it is not for you.