Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please!!!
Help please, I screwed up. I cut!! Sad how do I hide them from my sister and dad? I don't have any long sleeve shirts. God I'm so stupid! Help please Sad

You need to go see a doctor for starters

SadSilence Wrote:Help please, I screwed up. I cut!! Sad how do I hide them from my sister and dad? I don't have any long sleeve shirts. God I'm so stupid! Help please Sad

Hoodies in the spring time, bitches. : ) or a light something or other to throw over yourself...And if it's deep... clean it up so it doesn't scar as bad. =/

Aww, buddy. =/

Don't be too hard on yourself, you can't give up a habit in 5 minutes mate, we all slip up from time to time and that is to be expected. You are human so this is going to happen. All you have to do now is start again and this time instead of it being days or weeks since the last time you cut, it will be months.

Hang in there kiddo, you are doing awesome and we are all proud of you Smile

One small slip is not a failure - all the time you've spent not cutting is a success.

Everyone here is with you - however long it takes. Bighug

SadSilence, you didn't screw up! You are doing incredibly wonderful job!

Call you therapist and ask her, how to explain it to you father. He has to know that he can't just forbid you to do that. It doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Maybe he could talk to your therapist himself? Adults can usually take an explanation better if it is said by another adult. You father knows why you are going to the therapist and he will believe her.

You didn't screw up! Don't even think about it. Bighug

you cant un do it so clean it up (use peroxide), put a bandage on it. You should have a bottle of peroxide, bandage in the house. not expensive. Look in a drug store for that instant medical adhesive, a little more costly but it will be less obvious than a bandage. If you use the adhesive make SURE THE WOUND IS TOTALLY CLEAN as if it becomes infected under the adhesive its not easy to treat.

After you did it did you feel the same as before? Talk to your therapist how you felt different this time.

Hi Sad,
If you dont have any long sleeve shirts put your arms in your shirt and say your cold lol... If you know they will go mad why dont u talk about things on your mind and open up just to off load it instead of hoplding it all in because either 1 of 2 things will happen

1 - your cut too deep one day through keeping it bagged up u could kill yaself OR
2 - You could start a goal of being free and learning to love yourself

hang in there you're doing good Bighug

SadSilence Wrote:Help please, I screwed up. I cut!! Sad how do I hide them from my sister and dad? I don't have any long sleeve shirts. God I'm so stupid! Help please Sad

I don't know what your relationship with your father is like. He may be a real jerk, I dunno. But if he's a decent human being he deserves for you to NOT HIDE this fact from him. If he's not an extreme jerk, he'll be lovingly supportive of you when you're struggling in this way. (My own father was very rarely really "there" for me when I was struggling, so I fully understand if you simply cannot talk with him openly about your life. Too often my father got angry at me when I really needed his warmth and kindness. If your dad is like that, know that it's no fault of your own, bud.)

It seems likely, or at least possible (I don't know you), that much of your emotional pain / suffering is as a result of your feeling so terribly alone. Well, one cannot address the pain of loneliness by hiding hard truths about our lives and our experience from others. So if you cannot go to your family for loving supportiveness and kindness, go elsewhere. Find a trusted person (or two or three) with whom you can just be who you are honestly and unguardedly. You'll be amazed how good it feels to be loved just as you are. And you do deserve that! Everyone does, really.