Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, please. I need advice about a unique situation.
Vigilias Wrote:I didn't.

I named only one person.

But you said:

"As [I]for those people who have poured scorn on the original poster, I can only tell you that in all the time I have been using this site I have never seen such disgusting examples of hatred to someone who has asked for our help and support."[/I]

i.e., plural

Vigilias Wrote:Wade, you were particularly scathing and I feel that if you read your own words and reflect on them you may wish to apologise to the guy.

I think Wade was sarcastic . . .
Maybe you did not read all of his post ?

Hikari Wrote:I think Wade was sarcastic . . .

I took it as sarcastic humour also, not the most elegantly put but sarcastic humour all the same.

Well, I'm not being sarcastic, nor do I fear the "Goodie-Goodie" Police.

T the OP: Your post makes me sick to my stomach, much the same way Woddy Allen makes me sick when I think about him hooking up with his "daughter".
The feeling is intensified wheni read things like "I want to go down that road anyway..."

Imo? You certainly are going down a dark road.

The original poster is no longer in a professional relationship ("Position of Trust" as it's known in the UK), there is no issue in this respect.

Any individual who feels from their words that I am criticizing him is entitled to draw such an adverse inference.

I've had my say on that particular matter and don't intend to continue a correspondence on that issue.

PaperMachete Wrote:Londoner - Just to be clear, he is no longer a teenager, no longer in foster care, and I no longer officially mentor him. I did not try anything with him when I was in an official capacity. I did not have feelings for him then.

Regardless of anything else think about why you had to say that. It is irrelevant what the reality is, the situation looks suspicious and while i'm sure it was innocent and there was nothing untoward what would happen if you did get into a relationship and had a falling out.

If he claimed that it had been something that had been ongoing since you first met who are the authorities going to believe?

Hikari Wrote:I think Wade was sarcastic . . .

Thank you Hikari.....

And SHE's the one here still learning English.

I jest, I jest. Please don't get mad. If this site has taught me one thing it's that I'm constantly misunderstood, which is completely my fault (and it also puts a lot of things in perspective concerning my real life...).

LONDONER Wrote:I took it as sarcastic humour also, not the most elegantly put but sarcastic humour all the same.

I admit, my methods are a little unpolished. But after all, they're just words.

I also think it's completely uncalled for to treat this guy like a pedo. We're talking about consenting adults in this situation. Nothing the OP wrote indicates that he was attracted to a child nor attempting to take advantage of someone by using his position of power. Those who are inferring such are grasping at nothing but their own accusation. And as the goddam goodie-goodie police I'm writing you all up for being baaad..... you're so biiiaaaad mister mans.

I mean, for fucks sake, when it happens in The Thorn Birds everyone applauds it for being romantic. Be consistent America!

Once again, thank you all. I am in no way looking for a relationship with my friend. Just because I want one doesn't mean I'm going to act on it. I agree - I asked, he told me no, and that's that. I think I may not have been extremely clear about that because I was so emotional last night. He had come over for a visit with his girlfriend, and that is what triggered me to write the post. Gay, straight, or bi, he is not interested in me, and I don't want to Chase after someone I know I can't have. The only way I can think to get over the feelings is to cut him out of my life, but I really don't want to do that. He has grown into a great friend. I'm going to see him soon and tell him he can't move in with his girlfriend. If he asks why, I will be honest with him, otherwise I will leave it at my answer.