Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please! Trying to make a romantic date!
So I've been talking to this great guy for a while, im 18, he is 23. We are going on a date New Years Eve until New Years day. He already kind of hinted at what he wants to do, when we were talking about it he was like, "yeah we could go on a romantic dinner and then go see the fireworks!.....or we could just chill and play video games or whatever I just want to be with you." Clearly he wants some super cute romantic date, and I want to make it. So, my current plan is to go to our special dinner, then go see the fireworks, and as we are counting down to the New Year I'm planning on giving him a kiss (he wont be expecting a kiss from me in public, he think it bothers me), and then asking him to be my boyfriend (he also wont expect that since last night I gave him this long spiel about how I would never ask someone to be my boyfriend around all these holidays, he disappointingly believed it.). But if we get dinner at lets say 9:30 until around 10pm, what should we do in between, do you have any ideas on how to make this even more special. I'm a little unsure this is my first time trying to make a special date, and he will be my first boyfriend.

Hey. If you go for dinner that late depending on where you eat and how many courses you might not have a lot of time between the end of dinner and midnight. Otherwise a nice drink in a bar somewhere along the route to the fireworks might be nice?

How long have you known this guy and how many dates have you guys actually been on? Correct me if I'm wrong but if it's your first date then it might be a bit intense and scare him off of you ask him to be your boyfriend straight away. Best let things come along naturally.

Hope that helps. And good luck! Keep us updated.

Actually I just started looking at dinners and they do have multiple courses which would probably take a while, im thinking of doing that.

Not our first date, we have been talking and hanging out for a while. Like to a point where I know his friends, his parents know of me, and I've slept over maybe five times now.

Ahh. Makes more sense now. Do what is right for you. Sounds like you have the evening well planned out. :-)

Once you said there might be multiple courses to the meal I looked it up, there are four courses to the place I am taking him. Now I kind of what something to do up until that point, I'm thinking of going to the aquarium, but it closes at 6pm

or you could walk around with him till that time. I don't live in US so i don't know if where you live there is snow or not. But if it snow, walking under snow sound romantic to me

It is going to be colder, most likely no snow, but it can snow where im located, the current plan is to go to our fancy dinner at 9:30pm - 11:00pm, then walk to the lake, get there around 11:20-11:30pm where it will be just us and view the fireworks from there. Now I'm still trying to think of something to do before, not sure at all.

maybe play game till fancy dinner time ?

Like a video game? I was looking for something that we would have to be out of the house for, but that may be it

Do you think it will be a cool idea that when our dessert comes, that on his plate it spells out "Will you be my boyfriend?" like in caramel or something?!