Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helping someone with depression?
Hey just in the past week or so I’ve make a friend who is really depressed due to dumping his boyfriend 2 months ago, but he’s still finding it hard to get over him.

The problem is this ex-boyfriend of his was his first boyfriend. This guy has always found it hard to make friends and 2 years ago he meet this guy who he thought was the one and only.

I want to help him out by being there for him we are meeting up on Saturday to have a day out in Oxford.

I hope, as to night while talking over he got really upset and had to leave real quickly, hope I haven’t pushed it tonight with him.

He told me I haven’t, but I’m not sure, I really want to make friends with this guy, as I really enjoy taking to him, as we have very similar interests.

He’s really hurt and I want to help, but not too sure what to do other than just ne there for him. He’s said he isn't interested in another relationship, which I totally understand, I really only want a friend to at the moment as I don’t really think a boyfriend would be at this moment due to how I am.

I think it’s just nice to have someone to talk to about problems, plus it’s always good to share a problem than to keep it lock up in your head.
Anything else that I could do to help him?

Just be there for him. Let him go at his pace. Sometimes all it needs is a little love and attention even if it can be a slow process.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

How I think I've pushed him though, as I'm not sleeping well at the moment and I feel he is worried that he is keeping me up, as Im taking sleeping pills to take to sleep.
Hes not sleeping to due to worry..

We talk for hours over msn. I think his very similar than me, and worries about the same sort of problems maybe alil differeant in detail but very similar..

It will be easier to communicate face to face and express your feelings/worries/shared problems etc, so its good that you are planning some quality time together in Oxford. You can chat together about what's worrying you both and be a sounding board for each other.

Distract him with other topics. He's probably just feeling low and will probably bounce back

Paul1 Wrote:Distract him with other topics. He's probably just feeling low and will probably bounce back

Hope so, He will I know he will, he did say sorry to me.

I just so want a friend who is going through something similar so we came by a sholder for the both of us to cry on..

Like I said I dont feel I'm ready for anything but just being mates with this guy..

Really hope he is okay and we'll talk again tomorrow to orgenise our day out..