Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's Caitlyn
Here is a Caitlyn worth worrying about. Sadly abused and now in the hands of a surgeon:

http://www.nbc12.com/story/29228251/cait...-wednesday
I bid NO Trump!

For those who might still be confused about the whole issue, this might help:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32979297
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

This is what really annoys me about this ...first of all...I find "Caitlyn" to be very confusing in regard to he seem to not be able to clarify that now he's in transition to being a woman, is she interested in women or men? ...initially, she responded that she was still interested in women..which brings up the question for me is then why are you going through all of the surgery when you could have just stayed being a closeted crossdresser?...Later on when she was asked this question again, she replied that at this time, she is not interested in guys ...but you never know what's in the future in that regard. Personally, I can't praise him like the rest of the world is doing right now because there have been so many transgender individuals before him whom have gotten ridiculed, bullied and committed suicide because society was not acceptable of them and made their lives a living hell to the degree where some could not take it anymore and ended their lives. All of sudden, since "she" has come to confirm what a lot of people have been whispering about for quite some time, all those transgender individuals that I've mentioned seemed to be non-existent and the media is putting this guy on display as being so courageous and the free leader of courage so to speak and none of it is true. What I also have an issue with is that celebrities who have come out of the closet as well as the situation with Caitlyn Jenner...it seems that they are praised and looked upon in such a positive light whereas you still have gay individuals and transgender people who are still under ridicule and struggle everyday with being accepted and more than likely, they are abandoned by their family..but this is not the case with celebrities because of their financial status and fame, they can have a certain "leisure" as to how these situations are handled for them in a positive way. In many ways, there are some areas where being gay is becoming more acceptable. However, there are still a lot of cities, states that still have issues and condemn individuals for being gay and look upon them as being one of the world's biggest sin. Lastly, I tend to agree with Kris Jenner when she made the comment to Bruce/Caitlyn about since this is something that has been with him secretly for years, then why did he get married to her and the other women and have children and then to wait all of these years to embrace it was somewhat of a selfish move on his part because his decision is not just is ...it affects his children as well because all of these years they known him as their father...not "Caitlyn". Therefore, for her to be married to him for all of those years and for it to end due to his decision...I can totally relate to why she has not been able to embrace him the way everyone else has. Its almost as if their relationship has been a huge lie all of these years.

I am so bad now...

I have heard him mentioned all weekend...and I have refrained from adding anything to the conversation...silent....and the only thing I can think to add to the conversations anyway

Who cares...she is a Conservative Republican....

I think maybe I need to spank myself...

East Wrote:The other thing...which may be controversial for some people...I am not really thrilled being identified with some of the letters after LGB ...never have been. I think of being Gay as a sexual identity...same with Lesbians and Bisexuals which I also see as a sexual identities. I don't really see gender identity as the same thing.

I have heard all of the reasons "why"...and I accept the reasons for what they are...but don't really agree with all of them...

Same boat for me.

I understand the political reasons we're all one front. But that's all. I think the lumping of us is problematic and gives people very zany ideas about what transexuality actually is and its presumed relationship (there is none necessarily) with non-heterosexuality. The tension, however understandably based, that is often expressed by trans people towards cis people tends to come up very often and is as much directed at us as at heterosexual people. When the rallies and political get togethers are over, it doesn't seem like individually there's a whole lot of solidarity or cohesion... or even all that much understanding of each other.

It is nothing "against" trans people. It's that I feel like we crowd the same space trying to talk over each other about utterly and completely different subjects, including with and at each other. Usually on an unspoken assumption that somehow we are all supposed to be on exactly the same subject, when we rarely are.

And I completely share your lack of enthusiasm for the trans journey of someone part of a party that is happy to make life hell for trans people who do not have every resource in the world and $100 million at their disposal.

Quote:And I completely share your lack of enthusiasm for the trans journey of someone part of a party that is happy to make life hell for trans people who do not have every resource in the world and $100 million at their disposal.

Oh yeah..THAT part of it. I want to scream hearing the world go on about how brave he is.....and what a good role model he is...

As a Conservative Republican...look at what he...now she...has supported. Look at their track record with Transsexual people....

Sorry.....but the transsexual person who grew up in the ghetto and who had the nerve to be who they were despite all of the danger and the perceptions is a billion times more credible and worthy of the title of "brave" than some idiot who had a show on TV for no other reason other than he is rich and famous...and wants to flaunt it....

I am just assuming that is what he is doing..I have never viewed even a minute of the Kardashians...I can barely stand the few minutes I get accidentally exposed to them.

I am just not seeing the "brave" thing. I see an asshole.

East Wrote:Oh yeah..THAT part of it. I want to scream hearing the world go on about how brave he is.....and what a good role model he is...

As a Conservative Republican...look at what he...now she...has supported. Look at their track record with Transsexual people....

Sorry.....but the transsexual person who grew up in the ghetto and who had the nerve to be who they were despite all of the danger and the perceptions is a billion times more credible and worthy of the title of "brave" than some idiot who had a show on TV for no other reason other than he is rich and famous...and wants to flaunt it....

I am just assuming that is what he is doing..I have never viewed even a minute of the Kardashians...I can barely stand the few minutes I get accidentally exposed to them.

I am just not seeing the "brave" thing. I see an asshole.

It will be interesting to see what happens if we wind up in a "conservative companies suing in court to not have to cover any health insurance policies that cover any form of transgender or gender reassignment care", with the full support/cheerleading of the GOP. I mean, not that all that very much is covered anyway, but.

East Wrote:^^^I had another thought...at first I thought it was random..and then I started going through the mental files and it seems to be a pattern....

The TS I know...they have a lot in common with Nancy Reagan...and Barbara Bush....and Sarah Palin...and Michelle Bachmann.....and Ann Coulter (MAYBE ALOT MORE IN COMMON WITH HER) in both looks and attitude...

Surely there must be at least one TS Elizabeth Warren...or Gloria Steinem?...or maybe not?

...and the irony...they seem to embrace women who adhere to and advocate strict conventional female gender role models...and then become one of them...

Perhaps it is a generational thing?..? I actually know almost a dozen transsexuals and none of them are as you describe. In fact, a VERY good friend of mine, Pam Raintree, made national news last year by bringing a big ass rock to the Shreveport City Council and demanding that they stone her with it if they didn't pass the non-discrimination ordinance. It passed. She is a really great lady, and quite the callibar of Elizabeth Warren imho.

~Beaux

OnTheBeach Wrote:Total freak.

Please elaborate, elucidate. The brevity of your post leaves some question as to not only it's intended target but also to whatever quality or action renders said target deserving of ridicule.

Was it your intent to call Catlin Jenner a "Freak" or were you simply engaging in name-calling with another forum member? Assuming you were referring to Catlin Jenner, is she a "Freak", in your opinion, because she is transgendered, because she is a media-whore, or is there some other characteristic she possesses that leads you to label her as such...?

If you are calling her a "Freak" because of her family and their disgusting relationship with the media, then I would have to agree with you, but if you are engaging in anti-trans name calling...well, that would be a lot like the pot calling the kettle the "N-Word", wouldn't it?

There is never a good excuse for hate-speech. If you were in fact referring to anther forum member with some friendly banter, or if you were referring to some quality that Catlin Jenner possesses (such as a lust for publicity), then I apologize. However, I couldn't tell for sure exactly what it was you intended with your statement due to its brevity.

If it was indeed a comment on the fact that Catlin Jenner is Transgendered, which is certainly how it came across, then it is totally unacceptable and rather hateful.

~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:Perhaps it is a generational thing?..? I actually know almost a dozen transsexuals and none of them are as you describe. In fact, a VERY good friend of mine, Pam Raintree, made national news last year by bringing a big ass rock to the Shreveport City Council and demanding that they stone her with it if they didn't pass the non-discrimination ordinance. It passed. She is a really great lady, and quite the callibar of Elizabeth Warren imho.

~Beaux

I am glad to hear that Beaux...seriously....I even left out the years when I bartended and my experiences.....

My problem specifically with Caitlyn as an individual is her politics and the fact that she supports all of the people who actively discriminate against us...and I have the same problem with gay men who do the same. If a gay men who was a Conservative Republican all of a sudden made the news and stayed there as a spokesman and an example of "bravery"...I would probably give birth to a calf...

I am not really sure now what Caitlyn is supposed to be called if he has no intention of transitioning to a woman. He is a straight man dressed as a woman? I still don't know what that has to do with gay/lesbian/bisexual men and women...and why a Conservative Republican gets to suddenly represent all of us ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....