Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's one of the skeptics: The Scole Experiment
This one is really interesting and I can't wait to see the full movie:

I'm looking forward to see what GS skeptics have to say about this, especially the video images and the testimony of the Nasa expert.

I can't explain a lot of magic tricks. That doesn't mean they aren't complete BS. These videos show you what you want to see and nothing else. It does make for good TV though.

I was going to give it a shot myself but this sort of saves me the time:

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18658

I've only watched twenty seconds so far, so I really don't know what their claim is.... but the creepy music has me convinced they're right.

Wade Wrote:I've only watched twenty seconds so far, so I really don't know what their claim is.... but the creepy music has me convinced they're right.

WADE!!!!

WADEMAN!!!!

WADEMEISTER!!!

Youre falling down on the job buddy!!!!
I may have to turn in my groupie Tshirt!!!!

Whats up? You down or tired or something????

Bighug

Wheres the first part of that show?

WHAT was this experiment with the box????

WHAT was IN the box?????

I can give a good guess as to what this is all about, as I have seen something similar several times.....and its all trickery. Bullshit. Slight of hand. Premade, prepositioned, and premeditated magic tricks.

MisterTinkles Wrote:WADE!!!!

WADEMAN!!!!

WADEMEISTER!!!

Youre falling down on the job buddy!!!!
I may have to turn in my groupie Tshirt!!!!

Whats up? You down or tired or something????

Bighug

I... I'm not sure. My... powers..... they're weak. Must be ... all that.... *cough* *COUGH* ....

goddam custard I ate last night. *ughhhhh*

MisterLove Wrote:I'm looking forward to see what GS skeptics have to say about this, especially the video images and the testimony of the Nasa expert.

Cool! I didn't know GS skeptics was a thing, but I'm in.

Just because someone once worked for NASA doesn't mean they can't be fooled by their own wishful thinking.

I haven't read the report produced by the Scole Experiment people, but here's the reaction of someone who has. Apparently the whole setup was very questionable. http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4179

I encourage anyone interested to look up Derren Brown on youtube and watch a few of his videos. The man is amazing. Just because professional magicians can perform tricks even more convincing than anything from Scole doesn't mean the whole thing was necessarily a hoax. I'm still just waiting for something more convincing.

Geminize Wrote:Cool! I didn't know GS skeptics was a thing, but I'm in.

Honey, you are the King of skeptics but don't worry, I still love you.

As far as I know, nobody has proven the Scole experiments were fake - it's all conjecture. A fraud of these proportions would be easily exposed but so far it hasn't happened.

Geminize Wrote:Just because someone once worked for NASA doesn't mean they can't be fooled by their own wishful thinking.

That doesn't explain the voices that come out of nowhere, in a sound proof environment.