Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's some stats on Obamacare you've not seen.
Looking for sources for another issue, I stumbled up on this.

All I did was google "2009 approval ratings on Obamacare." The first link was this from Real Clear Politics giving the results 480 approval surveys done for Obamacare.

I was stunned and you will be too.
a total of 480 polls asking people if they were for or against Obamacare...
4 polls were ties.
20 were for Obamacare
456 were against.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/...html#polls

I was researching to make an argument for exactly whom Professor Jonathan Gruber was referring to about American voters being stupid forcing "them" to have to misrepresent the nature of the Affordable Care Act in order to get support for it.

In case you haven't been watching news... Gruber is a MIT economist who helped the government plan ACA. He must be smart, right? Not smart enough to take the almost 6 million dollars he made from taxpayers and keep his mouth shut. He had to go to seminars and conventions as a speaker and BRAG like a college freshman who sacked two cheerleaders when he explained how stupid voters are and how easy it was to fool them to get support for Obamacare.

Here's a 53 second one so you can meet Gruber. He praises lack of transparency as being necessary to get Obamacare past the stupid voters.

Soooo.....
if you look at the results of all the polls and assume that most of the people who answered them as being against Obamacare were conservatives....

And.......
All the people who answered the polls as being for Obamacare were liberals........

Who was Gruber talking about when he called American voters stupid?
  • Obviously, looking at the poll results, conservatives NEVER believed him or Obama from the beginning.
  • NOT ONE conservative in the House or the Senate voted for Obamacare...
  • Nancy Pelosi said they'd have to vote on first to see what's in it... remember?
  • ALL the Democrats in the House and Senate voted for it.

Meanwhile on another front....... we, the voters are beginning to see, one by one, all the lies told to us about Obamacare... unless we're as stupid as Gruber and all the people in the White House who worked with him assumed we were... and still believe anything they're saying.

Do you want to make bets on the next approval survey done on Obamacare?

[Image: obama_claus_funny_barack_obama_santa_cla...vr_512.jpg]

I am against it because it does not go far enough....

Obama didn't fight the JUST SAY NO TO EVERYTHING Republicans in Congress. He instead accepted Romneycare .......

I don't like it because there is no public option/single payer...

You will find the liberal's opposition to this very strong because it doesn't go far enough....

The Dems who caved did so because they figured they could build on what they could get through Congress in the end....and it was better than nothing....

All I know is that my premiums increased $120 per month, my deductible increased $2,000 , and my copay increased $20. All these increases and I'm now getting LESS benefits!

I would have been fine with the increased deductible and copays, but the premium increases are what really gets me upset.

East Wrote:Obama didn't fight the JUST SAY NO TO EVERYTHING Republicans in Congress. He instead accepted Romneycare .......

But... that's not the truth. Obama didn't fight or need to fight the Republicans because he didn't need a single vote from them to pass ACA... and he didn't get a single vote from them. Where's the fight in that?

So how do you feel about being lied to and tricked in order to sway public opinion about it before it was passed? I distinctly remember Obama saying his administration would be the most transparent in history... I guess he was teasing.

Then, gentlemen, what is the solution? We have to deal with availability of healthcare and insurance in some way. How?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Then, gentlemen, what is the solution? We have to deal with availability of healthcare and insurance in some way. How?

The ideal solution for me would be a single payer system so EVERYONE is covered. The polls that are taken do NOT disclose that most liberals are unhappy because it doesn't cover everybody...in other words...it doesn't go far enough

Virge Wrote:But... that's not the truth. Obama didn't fight or need to fight the Republicans because he didn't need a single vote from them to pass ACA... and he didn't get a single vote from them. Where's the fight in that?

So how do you feel about being lied to and tricked in order to sway public opinion about it before it was passed? I distinctly remember Obama saying his administration would be the most transparent in history... I guess he was teasing.

It couldn't pass the House which was Republican controlled...and their stated goal (not my opinion) is to say NO to everything. That it not governing. In the end...what we got was Romneycare.

LJay Wrote:Then, gentlemen, what is the solution? We have to deal with availability of healthcare and insurance in some way. How?

Knowing the undeniable long history of federal government's total incompetence at running anything for what they estimate it will cost or with any efficiency I'd be in favor of it being set up and run by a totally independent body from politics or anything and anyone in Washington DC. The only rational solution is to put health care professionals, hospital administrators and REAL insurance experts in charge of it instead of the 1500 IRS agents, political hacks and economics professors who've never worked in anything related to healthcare or insurance.

If you want to see how bad ACA will turn out start reading about the state of the Veterans Administration and the complete overhaul they are going through right now...and multiply it by 200 or more.

I got a letter last month from VA telling me since I didn't make my appointment back in August 2014 it has been changed to December 11th 2014. I spent 20 minutes on the phone trying to explain to three different people that I DID make my appointment in August and didn't need the one for December. The first two people told me they didn't have the authority to cancel appointments. The last person i talked to, a supervisor, said she'd get back to me when she found out more about it.... It's been a month... hello?

Here's a history of VA incompetence and corruption back to the 1920s. If you expect the same people who created and administrated the VA to do better with the entire nation's healthcare you're fooling yourself. Just look at the way ACA has started off and you already see where things are headed with it.

Doing same thing over and over with same people expecting better results equals what?

Please have a look at this. You'll be shocked.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/23/politics/v...index.html

East Wrote:It couldn't pass the House which was Republican controlled...and their stated goal (not my opinion) is to say NO to everything. That it not governing. In the end...what we got was Romneycare.

No... we did not get Romneycare.
Gruber himself makes that clear when he explains how Ted Kennedy bilked the federal governemnt out of $400 million a year for many years until the feds wanted it back. Ted worked out a plan for them to let Massachusetts keep the money IF they used it for healthcare. That is one difference of the many there are between them. Had Romney told the people of Massachusetts they could keep their doctors and own healthcare as Obama did then after it was passed they found out they'd been lied to you might have an argument they were the same. Here's a link to how they are similar and different.

When ACA was passed there was a majority of democrats in both the House and Senate. ACA was passed into law without one single Republican vote. Obama could have had any form of healthcare bill he wanted passed without any input or support from Republicans. Obviously ACA is the bill he wanted passed and contained the items he wanted in it. Don't forget no one was allowed to read it until after they voted on it according to Nancy Pelosi who was in Speaker of the House at the time. How can you hold republicans responsible for anything to do with a bill in which they had no input and were unable to read until after it was passed?

"In the Senate, 60 votes were required to invoke cloture and move to a vote on the bill (recall that Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) campaigned as the 41st vote to stop “Obamacare”) As in the Senate, all House Republicans opposed passage of the Affordable Care Act. Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) was able to hold onto enough Democrats – 219 – to pass “Obamacare” in the House." GO HERE.

Don't try to retrofit responsibility for anything left out or included in ACA on anyone but the people who wrote it, pushed it and voted it into law.

By the way... According to Gruber, ACA was being written BEFORE Obama was elected. Most of the writing was by the Tides Foundation, the Apollo Alliance with the help of politically connected consultants like Gruber. We can confirm this because several sections of the of 2nd stimulus bill written by the Tides Foundation and the Apollo Alliance were intricate parts of the structure of ACA.... (easiest example without going back to read it again: 1500 new IRS agents who now administer ACA's collection of revenues and assessment of penalties.)

Breaking news....

Gallup poll released yesterday has a headline,
"New Numerical Low For Obamacare"

Approval rating >>> 37% and falling.
http://images.politico.com/global/2014/1...56x519.jpg

It looks like Gruber's stupid voters are either getting less stupid or just pissed off.