Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hesitated to come out to him.
Today I was talking to my friend about random stuff so then we came across the subject of Van Diesel being "Gay" or not... We debated the subject until I asked "So you have a problem with him being gay?"
and to my surprise, he actually said no. He told me that he is cool with gay people, that it isn't their fault or anything but he only dislikes those effeminate guys who act lady like... Which is his opinion. I was just shocked that he found it okay to be gay since only a rare amount of people here understand what it is like to be gay without freaking out and he does! *Except maybe he is gay himself??...* :/

When he told me so, I tried to hide my expression of astonishment but I couldn't help my eyes getting wide and big like a child staring at his presents on a Christmas day and I was truly happy on the inside because I am technically lying to everyone about myself for my own safety, so the opportunity to tell someone that I am gay makes us that much closer, I feel comfortable around him and allows him to understand me better as a person.
The only thing that is keeping me from telling him is that you never know what could happen in the future. yes, he is my friend today but he could be my enemy tomorrow. I've had best friends turn against me and it is possible that he could turn on me one day too and use this against me to try and ruin things for me.

So I am a little stuck here, To tell him or not tell him? ....

Just do it.
I bid NO Trump!

Ask. "So would you be cool with ME being gay?" See what he says.

Lex

What Lex said tbh. In the worst case you get to know that he wasn't worth of your friendship.

Watermark Wrote:What Lex said tbh. In the worst case you get to know that he wasn't worth of your friendship.

if that's what you say, then my family and friends aren't worth being in my life..???

verysimple Wrote:if that's what you say, then my family and friends aren't worth being in my life..???

Not what I ment at all.... Unless your family and friends don't like you because you are gay.

Edit: While I replied I didn't notice the country his from so pretty much Ignore everything I typed here.

Since it's April Fools day here in the states, use that as an excuse. If he doesn't react well, just say 'April Fools!'.

Lycanthropist Wrote:Since it's April Fools day here in the states, use that as an excuse. If he doesn't react well, just say 'April Fools!'.

That is the smartest thing i have heard yet!!

Whenever you decide to come out, you have to live with the consequences. Some young people risk being kicked out or disowned and they need to decide if they can support themselves. If they can't, they need to wait to tell people until they can.
For you, could you handle everyone knowing if he told someone who told everyone else?
It could be risky. Weigh the consequences.

If you think he might be gay, feel him out in other ways.

That is a huge decision, especially considering the country you live it. You risk making yourself extremely vulnerable, putting your life in his hands. Do you know, like, and trust him enough with that kind of power?