Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hesitated to come out to him.
I want to give advice here, but I know so little about being gay in Jordan that my view would be skewed. All I know is what I read and that is not good for gay people in the Middle East. All us gay Americans probably seem like a bunch of whiny children compared to putting up with the prejudice faced over there.

I agree that you have to take careful consideration on how much that you trust this friend and wish you luck.

verysimple Wrote:The only thing that is keeping me from telling him is that you never know what could happen in the future.

I'm usually all for coming out of the closet, and in truth have no experience personally with ever having been -in- the closet in the first place. But...

1) Is it illegal in your country to be gay?
2) Is the "offense" punishable by death?

If either of those are answered with a yes? Then I say don't tell him. Not until you know him so well that you know he will -never- end up possibly as your enemy.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:I'm usually all for coming out of the closet, and in truth have no experience personally with ever having been -in- the closet in the first place. But...

1) Is it illegal in your country to be gay?
2) Is the "offense" punishable by death?

If either of those are answered with a yes? Then I say don't tell him. Not until you know him so well that you know he will -never- end up possibly as your enemy.

if by death.. idk but its rlly rlly bad

Coming out to someone can change the way you interact. I came out to a friend of mine , and now I have to be careful about how I joke around. What used to be fun homo-erotic banter between dudes, now gets him all upset. I now work hard to avoid any reference to my sexuality around him. Obviously, he is not a person with whom I can share any concerns or problems I'm having related to sexuality . Not quite the result I was hoping for. Suffice to say coming out to him was not the best choice I've ever made.

Be very careful.

My friend had an experience --- a "good friend" of his said things that made Jon believe that the friend was gay-friendly and maybe even a bit curious. Jon confided in the guy and revealed that he was gay. Turns out that the guy suspected that Jon might be gay and tricked him into admitting it, then outed him in a way that caused maximum embarrassment.

It was an uncomfortable situation for him. For you, it could be much more serious.

I'm not saying that your friend would do something like that. Just that you need to be very sure before you trust him.

verysimple Wrote:if that's what you say, then my family and friends aren't worth being in my life..???

If they don't accept and love you for who you are, then you tell me....are they?
~Beaux

Unfortunately, no... Truth sux but it is the truth after all!

Anyway, I decided not to tell him. Cuz I looked close into his eyes and saw that he isn't a trust worthy person... at least Not with that secret !