Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey
dfiant Wrote:G day and welcome.

I thought Scotland was always like that...but if it makes you feel any better it is rainy and windy and todays top temp was 17c, now sitting on 13c at 6pm...a good 6c under the average for this time of year.

Haha, true, makes me wonder how come I haven't moved south yet Confusedmile:

Ind Wrote:Haha, true, makes me wonder how come I haven't moved south yet Confusedmile:

Yeah, bloody oath...what's stopping you from going down south??? Wink

dfiant Wrote:Yeah, bloody oath...what's stopping you from going down south??? Wink
Just finished my undergrad degree here. I'm not Scottish, actually. Thought I'd go somewhere.. well, somewhere with a proper summer. But then I got offered a phD here. A really good one. Couldn't say no. I'm just hoping that global warming kicks in and makes it better Wink Glasgow's great, though. Apart from the weather, that is Confusedmile:

Ind Wrote:Just finished my undergrad degree here. I'm not Scottish, actually. Thought I'd go somewhere.. well, somewhere with a proper summer. But then I got offered a phD here. A really good one. Couldn't say no. I'm just hoping that global warming kicks in and makes it better Wink Glasgow's great, though. Apart from the weather, that is Confusedmile:

Welcome to the forum, congrats on finishing your degree I just finished mine too, result back soon scary stuff. :p enjoy your time here. :-)

mrk2010 Wrote:Welcome to the forum, congrats on finishing your degree I just finished mine too, result back soon scary stuff. :p enjoy your time here. :-)
Thanks! Got my results back already. Was thisclose to a 1st but didn't get it, 2.1 it is. Confusedmile:

Ind Wrote:Thanks! Got my results back already. Was thisclose to a 1st but didn't get it, 2.1 it is. Confusedmile:

Wow that's still amazing :-) I'm desperate to get a first, so far no marks below 76% so here's hoping, I'm sheeting myself lol

Hi there and welcome!

Ind Wrote:Just finished my undergrad degree here. I'm not Scottish, actually. Thought I'd go somewhere.. well, somewhere with a proper summer. But then I got offered a phD here. A really good one. Couldn't say no. I'm just hoping that global warming kicks in and makes it better Wink Glasgow's great, though. Apart from the weather, that is Confusedmile:

Ah Glasgow, the city that bought us Billy Connolly Smile

mrk2010 Wrote:Wow that's still amazing :-) I'm desperate to get a first, so far no marks below 76% so here's hoping, I'm sheeting myself lol

Fingers crossed you make it.

dfiant Wrote:Ah Glasgow, the city that bought us Billy Connolly Smile

The city that made Billy Connolly Wink

Ind Wrote:Fingers crossed you make it.

The city that made Billy Connolly Wink

Well if I don't I can always jump of the top of the library roof hahaha