Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello World
Hello everyone,

My name is Joe and I'm a still closeted Bi college student from Rochester, NY. I've been certain about my sexuality since I was 17 and have had some trouble coming out, after a recently ended relationship I felt it was time to try and face the music.

As for myself I'm a pretty pleasant guy, I like martial arts and music, I study business, and I've been a pretty avid blogger for the past few years. I'm looking forward to making some new friends and having some fun.

Later everyone,

Joe

Hey Joe I'm new here too but welcome to GS Smile

hi joe im glad you came on the site welcomeConfusedmile:

Hey Joe! I've seen a lot of New Yorkers join this forum. I'm glad you're one. We're here for ya if you need advice about coming out. Enjoy the forum!

Welcome to the Gs community of friends

I am please to make your acquaintance.

I am Buzz, A gay male from the ATL area. I have a great Partner and 2 kids to boot (3 and 6).
I am a full-time worker in education as well as a part-time lecturer at a university. I also go to school full-time for my PhD. If not for my partner NONE of this would be possible.

I am well versed in science, education and technology.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

Buzz Confusedmile:

Hi, Joe!! welcome!

Hi to you too, Buzz! I think that it'd be better if you made a separate thread about yourself, so that we hear more about you... :]

I think the point of this site is to learn first to accept yourself for who you are, then maybe once that is done, to accept that the world deserves to know the truth so that it can be a better place for you. On the other hand, it can sometimes be tricky to come out, for various reasons which you'll probably read about here. But we are a friendly bunch (as you may have found out) and wish you a warm Welcome to GaySpeak.
The thing about coming out, Joe, is to find who you are likely to tell first with the least opposition. Sometimes we figure that people will make a big fuss of it because it IS a big fuss for us. But often you'll meet indifference, or actual happiness. This has been my case mostly. People have been accepting of my sexual orientation, because, ultimately, it doesn't impair their way of enjoying the world. It just makes me a wholer person and by being whole, I can be a better self.
Good luck to you and your coming out. So who's your first "ear" going to be? Unless you plan on writing it to someone, in which case, who are your first pair of "eyes" going to be?

Hello, both and welcome Smile

Hey dude ^_^

welcome to the forums, hope you can find your peace of mind soon, always nice people on here to chat