Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey
This site has helped me a lot with questions that have been nagging me for the past couple years. I was told my account would be deleted if I didn't post anything, so I figured I'd post an introduction here.

You can call me Les. I'm 22 and have less than a year left in the Army before I go back home to Alabama (US). I'll finally be coming out when I get there and I'm scared to death... but looking forward to it at the same time.

I went through a confusing cycle regarding my sexuality. I had an inkling in middle school, convinced myself it was a phase for a couple years, then accepted the fact but stayed deep in the closet. Between living with a Dad with extreme anger issues, a generally homophobic community and guilt (idk why there was guilt, but there was a lot of it) I was borderline neurotic trying to hide the fact while exploring it at the same time.

This site is something of a comfort and I'm also compiling as many tips as possible for coming out. My Dad is extremely violent to the point I fear he may literally try to kill me or harm others in his anger when he finds out. Hopefully I get this right- I'm tired of hiding!

Welcome my friend this site has help me out since I join years ago.......

sweetlad2010 Wrote:Welcome my friend this site has help me out since I join years ago.......

I can see that. I've only been reading for about 30 days and it's helped me out more than anything else has in the last few years. So glad to be here Smile

My dad is the same but he'll get over it if not, you got to live with out them, you have to that one day any way, hard as it may be.

Full respect for being in the army, something I wish I could do my self.

Im disabled and gay so I have to added shit of that that too, but Im learning to come to terms with all of it, and Ive meet someone but its early days to see where that is going, but I'm just living by moment by moment x

Hi and welcome to GS! Confusedmile:
Yes, this is a very special place with some wonderful people.

When you return to the states would you be living with your dad/family or getting a place of your own?

And, thank you for your service.

Welcome to posting. I'm glad this site has been of help to you; I know the army culture isn't the easiest nor is the south but hopefully you are able to meet good friends you can be honest with. I am sorry to hear about your dad, but no need to rush in telling him.