Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Everyone, Nice to meet you.
Hey guys.

I've been on this site before but not for a few years. I'm kinda starting a clean slate so i thought i'd start a new profile.

I'm John, 22 living in Newcastle in the UK. Just finished my 2nd course at Newcastle University, and starting my first real job in September (eek).

Recently out of a long term relationship (3 years), and not really sure what to do now, seem to have lost touch with a lot of friends along the way and now really sure how to meet people, or make new ones now, and then I thought, 'hey i used to always feel welcome at gayspeak' so here i am back again.

I never really know what to say in this kinda thing, i just wanted to introduce myself really. But as i want to get to know you guys, feel free to get to know me. So if there's anything you want to know please go ahead and ask!

x

Hello Joker, and Welcome back to GaySpeak. Did you already go by the name of Joker then? The site came down some time last year and was started up again, recently, with lots of new features. We hope you'll find you enjoy them. As you probably expect there are a few people from around Newcastle among the regular members. So what are you going to work in in September? And what studies did you finish?

No I didn't no. The name was inspired by the poster I was looking at when i started my account haha.

Ah right, I think I maybe tried to log on when it was down actually and couldn't get on. Makes sense. New features eh? Any exciting ones?

Well I did a Business Management degree which was a bit of a waste of time. And I just finished a Graduate Diploma in Finance Accounting and Business, which was significantly more useful.

New job is a trainee accountant position in Newcastle. Pay aint great but it's a great firm so very pleased, and like they say money isn't everything.

Welcome back to the site i'm pretty new here myself too.

Thanks Benderboy. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

nice to meet u + welcome to the GS community Big Grin

Welcome back to Gayspeak!

Joker Wrote:No I didn't no. The name was inspired by the poster I was looking at when i started my account haha.

Ah right, I think I maybe tried to log on when it was down actually and couldn't get on. Makes sense. New features eh? Any exciting ones?

Well I did a Business Management degree which was a bit of a waste of time. And I just finished a Graduate Diploma in Finance Accounting and Business, which was significantly more useful.

New job is a trainee accountant position in Newcastle. Pay aint great but it's a great firm so very pleased, and like they say money isn't everything.
Congratulations on landing the job. It's not so easy these days, on the job market. By the way, I hope your training becomes an official position in the firm... that will have been so worth while, if it does, even if the pay isn't great. You can, and probably will, get raises from time to time.

Yeah it should do, supposing I don't screw up. They said at interview they usually like to keep people on after training where possible.
Not too shabby at all. I'm very pleased. Been looking for work for a long time so it's nice to finally have got somewhere :-)

welcome to gayspeak, goodluck with your new job!