Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey everybody!
Looking forward to some great conversations here. I'm 35 and my partner is 41, we live on the gulf coast and have been together for 9 years.

Welcome, this is a good place!

Well, howdy! How is life on the gulf coast?

FINALLY someone from Pensacola! Dude we have 20,000 questions for ya!

We'll be coming down there Memorial Day for that thing you guys do on the beach and trying our best to set up some connections down there. Don't point me to the M-day facebook sites or youtube videos... We've seen them all. I know about Emerald City and Round up and have even virtually been to them through google. In fact I know the way from the house we'll be staying at on Bayou Texar all the way to the beach and back to downtown. ooooooooooooo oooo oooo! Gotta get me some Whataburgers too!

From the videos and the people we know from there it looks like M-day is one heck of a fun time with nothing but fun people. We have one friend here who lived there from the 80s until a few years ago that we'll be going with. he's shown us pictures that are amazing. He's got pics of him with cops having a good time at the bars --- and all the craziness on the beach too.

PLEASE start a thread about M-day Pensacola and tell everything!

Are there other bars besides Round up and Emerald City?
Who do we contact to get tickets for other events?
Best LOCAL places to eat (not tourist traps)
gay owned businesses we can visit and spend money with
Who started M-day and how? It's been going on for ages right?

CAN'T WAIT TO READ ANYTHING YOU WANT TO WRITE.

PS.... send warm air. It's 18 degrees with 32 MPH winds with snow blowing so bad you can't see across the road.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Welcome!!!!

WOW, Virge, that's quite a first greeting LOL!

Welcome to GS!

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Virge, I haven't done the beach thing for Memorial Day weekend since my single days. Lots of people from Atlanta and Tallahassee, some gorgeous eye candy for sure. Honestly most of the locals here ("seasoned" gays included) tend to avoid the beach that weekend. The rednecks definitely stay FAR away. LOL

I used to frequent Emerald City just about every weekend and Wednesday's (drink and drown), but my partner and I no longer do the club scene. There used to be a bar near the front entrance and another in the back. There was a bartender that worked in the back they called 'Cat' and everyone used to absolutely love her! I don't know if she still works there though. For a more quiet area you can go up to the rooftop, I've made out with a few bashful Navy boys up thereWink.

Emerald City is more techno/dance oriented and mostly younger people tend to go there, while the old trolls (I'm one now) tend to gravitate towards the Roundup. There's also Gabriels and B-Bob's in downtown Mobile, but neither attract the crowds as much as EC.

Welcome to the fold!