Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey eveybody
I havent joined yet, Im still doing all of my reasearch, but Im interested in going to the Balkans.

I'm not sure how much you get to choose...

From what I was reading you get to volunteer for the missions you want, provided you are qaulified for one of the open positions. Its not like the military where they can force you to go to place, thats one of the major selling points for me.

Hi and welcome.
I bumped into some Peace Corps girls in the Ethiopian Air Port maybe a year ago. They were shocked to see another American passing through there. As I recall you needed a Bachelor's degree to apply + I think you have to self fund your trip. I could be wrong on that though.
Use a condom.

can I PM somebody a question mine keeps getting lost in moderation?

I posted this in my intro thread but its stuck in moderation. So I post it here.

Ok so I grew up and still live in a small town, and its not what you think. I was never shunned because of my sexual orientation and basically everybody was very supportive. There is an old lesbian couple in town and they always badger me to get involved in the gay community but its not really my thing. The only person that harassed me was actually the only other gay guy in town, lets call him Tommy. In school he was a total golden boy, funny, smart, openly gay very handsome, and a total jock basically everyone loved him and he was cool with everybody else even the dorky kids. The only person he didnt like was me, for no reason he would always bully me verbal and physically. He used to corner me in the hallways or boysrooms and threaten to do aggressive sexual things to me and smack me around. He would say things like" just let me have what I want". He called me faggot, pussy, fairy, queer, and everything else. I actually was scared that he was going to try and rape me. I went to the school and they didnt believe that one gay kid would bully another for being gay, they agreed to keep us in separate classes.

Has anyone ever experienced this? As a victim or bully? Were any of you bullies as children? If anybody here was a bully, why do people do this to other people? Its been 10 years and it still bothers me, I just dont know why he did it. He still gives me a hard time when he see's me. I have already forgiven him, but I feel like he's hurting inside and needs help. It feels good to get this off of my chest.