Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys, new here and wanting to talk to like-minded people :-)
Just gotta go for the parents now, gonna have to guage things, I think they will be ok. Tbh it came to the point where I thought "I'm gonna be in my last year of uni, and most people find who they are at that time I'm gonna be missing out on alot and the longer I leave it it will be harder to do".

mrk2010 Wrote:Just gotta go for the parents now, gonna have to guage things, I think they will be ok. Tbh it came to the point where I thought "I'm gonna be in my last year of uni, and most people find who they are at that time I'm gonna be missing out on alot and the longer I leave it it will be harder to do".

Im sure they will be fine with it. Confusedmile:
With my family they already knew that i was gay by the way i was before i even told them. :eek:

Wow how? I don't think my mam and dad know, I don't really give that much away, pretty much keep to myself and quite quiet. lol you've got me paranoid now, hahaConfusedmile:

Just by the way i sometimes act and was not into females or some words i say.

Oh I see like mannerisms and stuff, like I said I don't really give much away, mine probably think I'm just antisocial and miserable.

Yea, pretty much, but i do hide it sorta well at work. Confusedmile:
Anyways im sure you will be fine. Confusedmile:

Ahhh I see. Thinking on it I think people see me as being quite masculine, my friends were quite shocked when I told them. I couldn't believe they still had misconceptions about what a 'typical' gay guy is like. I was like, yeah we come in all shapes and sizes. lol

mrk2010 Wrote:Ahhh I see. Thinking on it I think people see me as being quite masculine, my friends were quite shocked when I told them. I couldn't believe they still had misconceptions about what a 'typical' gay guy is like. I was like, yeah we come in all shapes and sizes. lol

Thats true, but thats what makes us all different, which is a good thing. Confusedmile:

I think the funniest thing one of my friends has said to me was, "So when are you going out on the scene and meet loads of guys, also now that you are gay does that mean you have amazing fashion sense?" My response, not even thinking about having a boyfriend and I have always had amazing fashion sense. I think we all have our camp moments. haha. But seriously I think opinions about gay guys in the Northeast are seeming a bit 90's so far.

Welcome to the site!