Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys, new here and wanting to talk to like-minded people :-)
Thank you BYoNexus, you new too?

mrk2010 Wrote:Thank you BYoNexus, you new too?

Kind of. I joined about a month ago. Im new to being out as well. tomorrow, im gonna be meeting my family for a get together, and might end up telling the last few ppl know im gay.

Im glad to hear that your friends took it well. I rememeber having similar thoughts as you seem to be having. I don't think you need to worry too much about your parents reaction. at the end of the day, they're your parents. At worst, they may need some time to come to accept it.

Wish you the best of luck mrk!

Welcome to the forum Smile

mrk2010 Wrote:I think the funniest thing one of my friends has said to me was, "So when are you going out on the scene and meet loads of guys, also now that you are gay does that mean you have amazing fashion sense?" My response, not even thinking about having a boyfriend and I have always had amazing fashion sense. I think we all have our camp moments. haha. But seriously I think opinions about gay guys in the Northeast are seeming a bit 90's so far.

Fashion, i dont think has anything to do with if your gay or not and yea, thats true everyone does have there moments. Well 90's look not to sure how that would look, but i dont think gay guys dress like that here.

Hello and welcome, mate! I believe you have a great chance of finding what you are looking for on here! Cheers!

BYoNexus Wrote:Kind of. I joined about a month ago. Im new to being out as well. tomorrow, im gonna be meeting my family for a get together, and might end up telling the last few ppl know im gay.

Im glad to hear that your friends took it well. I rememeber having similar thoughts as you seem to be having. I don't think you need to worry too much about your parents reaction. at the end of the day, they're your parents. At worst, they may need some time to come to accept it.

Wish you the best of luck mrk!

Hope it goes well BYoNexus Confusedmile: and yeah Braz I think in the Northeast we are still a bit behind the times. Lol

Welcome to Gayspeak! I found my way on here a few months ago for many of the same reasons. I recently came out to my parents, and it went really well. It's a tough step to take, but when it goes well it's a really amazing relief. Everybody on here probably has some opinions and pieces of advice for coming out, so if you have any questions feel free to post them.

Welcome and good luck with your friends and family. I just came out recently to a few of my close friends. still working on my family tho.:biggrin:

musicman2229 Wrote:Welcome to Gayspeak! I found my way on here a few months ago for many of the same reasons. I recently came out to my parents, and it went really well. It's a tough step to take, but when it goes well it's a really amazing relief. Everybody on here probably has some opinions and pieces of advice for coming out, so if you have any questions feel free to post them.

Thanks musicman, everyone is being so friendly Confusedmile: , SleepTalker I'm still working on telling my family, just trying to find the right words you know. Scatter

I Agree with Braz on this MRK, the people who know you best are your parents and especially if you are close to them they (Especially your Mother) already know and are waiting to hear it from you when you have come accept yourself, so don't be suprised if your Mother's first words after you tell her are 'I always knew, you are my son and I love you no matter what, I just want you to be happy.

I know it was the first words to come out of my mothers mouth when I came out to her at the age of 30, and then she promptly rattled off every boyfriends name since I was 12 years old....and I thought I was being discrete!!!

If your parents are thinking that you are antisocial and miserable, don't you think that they have wondered why and perhaps already come to their own conclusions? Sexuality is not all about mannerisms or being effeminate.

No matter how alone you feel, there is always someone that is, has and will think and feel like you...and in time you will become the man who writes the words of support and friendship as we are all doing for you ;-)