Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys, new here and wanting to talk to like-minded people :-)
I would just like to add...do not force yourself to come, do not feel pressured to come out...Opportunities will just present themselves, and that is when you know you are ready and the time is right....but no matter how ready you arem there will always be that knot in your stomache and lump in your throat...that is normal.

dfiant Wrote:I Agree with Braz on this MRK, the people who know you best are your parents and especially if you are close to them they (Especially your Mother) already know and are waiting to hear it from you when you have come accept yourself, so don't be suprised if your Mother's first words after you tell her are 'I always knew, you are my son and I love you no matter what, I just want you to be happy.

I know it was the first words to come out of my mothers mouth when I came out to her at the age of 30, and then she promptly rattled off every boyfriends name since I was 12 years old....and I thought I was being discrete!!!

If your parents are thinking that you are antisocial and miserable, don't you think that they have wondered why and perhaps already come to their own conclusions? Sexuality is not all about mannerisms or being effeminate.

No matter how alone you feel, there is always someone that is, has and will think and feel like you...and in time you will become the man who writes the words of support and friendship as we are all doing for you ;-)

Yea, my parents did tell me that, but they just wanted me to make sure myself first its what i wanted and was the hardest thing i had to do was be honest with myself and not cover it up just so know one would know.

Quote:No matter how alone you feel, there is always someone that is, has and will think and feel like you...and in time you will become the man who writes the words of support and friendship as we are all doing for you ;-)

Beautifully said, dfiant. That pretty much sums up how this forum works.

Well guys, there has been a dramatic development in my situation. I sat down with my parents and I came out to them. And well, it went perfectly fine Confusedmile: . They both totally accept and want the best for me. If anything they were more upset with the fact I was so miserable for so long. I wouldn't say I pressured myself I just thought it was time to be honest and get on with my life. Also I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and support and I look forward to getting to know more of you. Confusedmile:

Very well done. I'm glad it went well for you Smile

Did they already have an idea or were they surprised?

Just curious Smile

Welcome!!!!

That's great, your parents sound like loving people and I bet you feel like a weight has been taken off your shoulders! Confusedmile:

ggtgcttat Wrote:That's great, your parents sound like loving people and I bet you feel like a weight has been taken off your shoulders! Confusedmile:

Yes they are really loving people Confusedmile: and I'm lucky to have them. Also they said they didn't really have an idea that I was gay, they new something was up, like I was moody and stuff, but apart from that not an idea. Yeah a massive weight is lifted. Confusedmile:

i'm so happy for you! did they ask you if you gave a boyfriend? hehe

Well done mate, proud of you and I am so pleased that the time was right and every thing went smoothly. It's like a weight being lifted from your shoulders hey?

It makes me so happy to hear great stories like yours...well done :-)