Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All
Hi, my name is Bill and I'm new to this site. I'm recently separated from my wife who I had to tell that I am gay. Now living single and gay has been quite an adjustment for me. I'm out to some close friends and family. I'm here looking for support and friends who may have been married/divorced and went through the same things as me.

Hi Bill, and welcome to the GS Forums.

I've never been married or in a relationship with a girl but I think there are a few guys here who have crossed that particular bridge.

We're a pretty supportive and friendly bunch and it's a pretty good site - we don't get much trolling or personal issues being aired out between members. We're like the Switzerland of the internet! LOL.

Welcome again!

Welcome to GS Smile

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxfix4UNrkZAYjWJ1QDiN...jFiMg0RcNg]

Hello, welcome to gs Bill =]

Welcome, sir, welcome...

several folkes here, I think, have been in your pants, so you'll find yourself at home here..

congrats on getting this new life going...may it work all the best for you...

southbiochem Wrote:Welcome, sir, welcome...

several folkes here, I think, have been in your pants, so you'll find yourself at home here..

congrats on getting this new life going...may it work all the best for you...

Lol.

I think you meant "in his shoes". Otherwise anodda issue would seem to be at hand...or rather pants Imu2

~

Yes ma'am welcome to this jungle full of qweers and dears and all sorts of peers From all over everywheres Smile

Curiosly enough, the expression "estar en sus pantalones" (to be in ones pants) is acceptable over here, just as much as "estar en sus zapatos" (to be in ones shoes)..:biggrin:

but yeah...let's go with the last one :biggrin:

Welcome, Bill!

I'm one of the guys that have been in your shoes (but not in your pants). 49 yrs, 3 yrs divorced after 20 married. My divorce was not related to my sexuality (I'm bi and was very happy in my marriage), but since the divorce I have been able to explore my attraction to men.

After a few anonymous hook-ups that confirmed my desires, I started a relationship with a gay man that quickly moved from friends to lovers. I came out and introduced him to my family and friends. He even joined me for the holidays with my mother and brothers and their families. Although everyone was surprised, all went well and people like us together.

Since then our relationship has cooled. We are still friends (hung out together at a party last weekend). I just don't think we're compatible as a couple. I am now open to dating either men or women.

I live in a very small community where I am fairly well known and respected. I think that helped a lot in my coming out. I was very nervous about it, but preferred that to the tension of hiding a relationship. This is a very progressive and accepting community, and I didn't get any negative responses.

Good luck with your journey, and feel free to ask if you have any questions of me.

Welcome to GS! It will take some time, but hang in there! you will get used to it!