Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All! I'm new.
Hi Everyone,

I'm colin and new to the site. I'm 22 and from MA. I'm currently in the closet, but trying to get the courage to come out to my family. My parents are very accepting and have gay friends, but I am still trying to come to terms with who I am.

I just recently came out to myself after years of denying that I was gay. Now I am trying to figure out where I go from here.

Hi Colin, welcome to GaySpeak! Confusedmile:

Welcome to GS.

colin Wrote:Now I am trying to figure out where I go from here.

Have you any gay friends you can talk to? Or failing that could you talk to your parents gay friends? In the meantime there is, always, us.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Welcome colin,
Sounds like a good beginning, try not to rush to quickly, exploration takes time, read alot of what is posted here as well as the archives, then talk to any member you chose, if you have formulated more questions, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Thanks for the welcomes Beaux, fred3vb, and James.

fredv3b Wrote:Have you any gay friends you can talk to? Or failing that could you talk to your parents gay friends? In the meantime there is, always, us.

I don't have anyone to talk to right now, which is one of the reasons I came here. I'm pretty shy and am still trying to get up the courage to come out. I've accepted who I am, but I guess there is part of me that still doesn't want to deal with it. My family should be accepting of me when I come out, but I'm not sure that I am pleased with who I am yet. Does that make any sense?

Sorry, that doesn't look like very good english.

That makes perfect sense, to me at least.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Yes I agree makes perfect sense, It takes awhile and much exploration of ones self, but know that who you are is as important as all the "great" people out there, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Hi, Colin, nice to meet youSmile

Hi TAB, nice to meet you too!

Hi and Welcome :-)