Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All, new member here.
Hello and Welcome

Well, I do not have enough infomration to base a opinion spoam taking a shot in the dark.
Coming out is incredible. But my parents were the last to know. (Fundamentalists) When they decided to question me they were not ready yet so I said it was a subject that was not going to be discussed. 5 years later, they were ready to discuss it and it was amazing. So do it when you and everyone are ready. It wil be emotional but there is the possibility that they already know.

Live by example. If you have a good life then they will admire you. What example do you want to be for them to make judgement on?

Welcome Adrian Welcome

welcome am new hear too

Welcome! Wavey

Hello again, I'm an idiot so I should probably introduce myself again. A few days ago I came out to my family and friends. That was stupid (not coming out, but trusting my family). I think I just blew up my life.

Also I think I have fallen for a guy I just met. He's an artist and I sent him a message on his blog and he responded, which was cool. Then I had such a shit day I started complaining about my coming out problems on his blog and his gay bff decided to "adopt" me into the fold. The artist turns out to be a very nice guy, and I ended up chatting with his gay bff about coming out for most of the afternoon and we just spent most of the night on the phone. The bff also has a private blog that his friends visit. I feel like a stalker because I just spent more time than I want to admit reading the artist guy's posts on there and I also found a link to his private blog, and I read that too.

When I first got interested in his art work I thought he was gay. Now I don't know. The bff didn't talk about him much and I didn't want to ask too many questions. I know he isn't with the bff because the bff has a long term boyfriend, but after years of posts there was no mention of a boyfriend or girlfriend. I think he is obsessed with his other bff, this girl, and she features in his work a lot. Sad I also saw pictures of him which made my obsession with him worse. He is exactly my type, and now I know more about him than he does about me. That made me fall harder, he is what I imagined he would be from his artwork, but is he gay? All he talks about is the girl, but they aren't a couple. I can't talk to my bff or my friends because they will think I'm crazy. Hell, I feel crazy. Sad

Hopefully things will look different regarding your family when the dust settles. Hang on for the ride, try not to burn any bridges, and don't look back!

Now about the artist... Obsession is a tricky thing. I understand you had a shit day and stayed up for too many hours studying his private blog. That's ok. It's what you do next that counts. (I've never been in your position, so I'm making this up as I go.) I suggest you get at least one good night's sleep behind you before contacting him or making any big decisions. You have already set a lot in motion by coming out to your family and friends. It may be enough to deal with that for a while before getting involved with a guy.

Hi Adrian...Welcome here!
Keep on posting Smile

Welcome aboard the good ship GS Ad.

The internet is a wonderful source of information and experiences relating to coming out.

There is a coming out area on this site, and you can search YouTube for coming out stories, some are plain and straight forward, some are inspirational.

Whatever you do, you will know when the time is right.

ObW
x

Welcome!
AdrianMarcus Wrote:He is exactly my type

Your type is "Straight" or "In The Closet"?

You need a new type.