Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Everyone
Well rule is rule.

I should reintroduce myself. My name is Jay and I was a long time member of GS before I decided to remove my account several months ago. I deleted my account due to several factors - I chose wrong career path that led to destruction, I was hurt by a friend that I truly adore and my father was ill (tumor). Too many things to juggle at a time. I don't know if I had a depression but emotionally; I was helpless and tearing apart.

It took me several months to bounce back. I've fully recovered since last November.

I left the job from hell. My dad completed his surgery (the tumor has been removed). I was offered a job from heaven and I accepted it. I've forgiven my friend and I apologized to him too. We've rekindled our friendship.

To people who do not know me, I used to be super obese. I was 363lbs (165kg) with 64 inches of waist. I'm currently at 161lbs (73kg). I'm still working on to lose my weight. I'm a health and gym freak now.

I had to go through multiple surgeries over the years to remove skin flaps from my body. I still have at least two more surgeries to go. Those surgeries were supposed to be completed few years ago but both surgeries have been cancelled by the hospital due to technical issues. I hope I can complete one of the surgeries at the end of next year. It's long overdue.

Throughout the years I've seen the nicest and cruelest sides of people. When I was super obese, I was the victim of bullying and depression. Nowadays I am still being criticized from time to time. People continue to criticize my face and was suggested to do plastic surgery on it; inserting cheek implants and face lift. I took it hard but I've learned that people will always find a way to criticize you.

I plan to participate in marathon (10km) on next February. Follows with Viper (20km with obstacles) on next March. I just would like to see how far I can go.

I'm still single. I have been approached by many but I don't feel like it's the right time to settle down for a relationship due to upcoming surgeries etc. I have too many things in mind. Or maybe I'm just making excuses. All I'm asking from a potential man is to understand what I'm going through, willing to support me and able to accept me as who I am. I'm not perfect. I have scars all over my body due to surgery. I also injured my left leg due to extreme overweight. Some people labelled me as disabled and I was even offered a place to join national Paralympic team. But I'm not disabled. I'm badass and kick ass.

Generally people consider me as a naive guy. Not naive as ignorance. But too kind to people. As a result, I had quite a long history of people backstabbing or using me. The homeless guy that I helped in this forum few years ago turns out to be a sham too. I spent few hundreds to help him but well, I was used by him. That was my mistake as I didn't oblige the rule given by GS.

I've learned my lesson. So now I have sort of limit my kindness to people. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Third time, god, I'm stupid.

Glad to have you back!!!!

I think you have so much to offer to many posters dealing with challenges.

Welcome. Congrats on turning your life around. I'm always very impressed by former fatties that managed to turn themselves into hot muscle guys. I admire the patience and determination you must have to make it happen.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Hi Jay! You know I love you...and am sooooo happy to have you back. You are an amazing guy...and an amazing inspiration and example of what anyone can accomplish.

I think I told you this before but just in case you forgot..you are one of my personal heroes....I love your strength and ability to overcome so many things...

So...welcome back my friendLove2

Oh man..I forgot about that homeless guy. I had a bad feeling about him and never had anything to do with him but I am always afraid to say anything about these kinds of things...and there is always a chance I could be wrong (I am usually not though). I don't think you were stupid at all...I think you were very kind...nothing to be ashamed of.....

You know...I think he is active on these boards still..not this board....but another one where alot of the people went to en masse. STILL don't want to say anything...so many people "luv" him....Pukeface

He was actually here a couple of different times with a different story every time I think. I got into a fight with him the first time...maybe back in 2009 nor 2010...he pretty much loves to pretend he is a victim in each of his incarnations...

Hi Jay! So glad to see you're back! That was a hell of a time you went through,it's great that things are turning around.I thought everybody from your job was nice to you since they were so accepting when you came out? I suppose there's more to it. Anyway,welcome back to GS fellow Malaysian~ Welcome

AlfredMamza Wrote:Hi Jay! So glad to see you're back! That was a hell of a time you went through,it's great that things are turning around.I thought everybody from your job was nice to you since they were so accepting when you came out? I suppose there's more to it. Anyway,welcome back to GS fellow Malaysian~ Welcome

Not that job. That job was fine until the HQ in Hong Kong decided to close down the M'sia's branch. I worked there for 5 years. I departed and was offered with two new jobs at the same time. I received a job offer from a bank and also from a small advertising agency. Both companies wanted the answer on the same day. The bank offers a big salary with great benefits. The ad agency offers 2k lower salary with no benefits. But I got caught with sweet talk by the ad agency's boss. When I consulted people around me, they suggested me to go for ad agency as I can express my creativity as a designer. I chose the ad agency and it was the turning point of hellish months. Long story short, they changed my contract and my salary was reduced. And more. I eventually left the ad agency. Mentally exhausted. I felt stupid and regret with my decision to ditch a job in a bank. I really thought that was the end of my career.

It took me several months to recover. During my jobless months, I went back forth to hospital to take care of my dad and to gym. Working out was my therapy. It helps to elevate my self confidence etc.

Fast forward several months, I received a call from Malaysia's export council. I attended first round of interview. Waited for a month and then was called for final interview with the CEO and all. I got the job. To my pleasant surprise, the council offers a greater salary, benefits and future career; Three times salary increment per year, three months bonus, free health insurance, medical card, multiple subsidies, study loan and more. And great colleagues. I was happy with the huge turn around.

Quote:Oh man..I forgot about that homeless guy. I had a bad feeling about him and never had anything to do with him but I am always afraid to say anything about these kinds of things...and there is always a chance I could be wrong (I am usually not though). I don't think you were stupid at all...I think you were very kind...nothing to be ashamed of.....

You know...I think he is active on these boards still..not this board....but another one where alot of the people went to en masse. STILL don't want to say anything...so many people "luv" him....

He was actually here a couple of different times with a different story every time I think. I got into a fight with him the first time...maybe back in 2009 nor 2010...he pretty much loves to pretend he is a victim in each of his incarnations...

I spoke to the homeless guy on the phone before I sent my parcel and money via Western Union to him. He claims he was in a public library at the time. I heard nothing from him after I sent my stuff. I thought he was freezing to death in winter or something. Rainbowmum then contacted me. Both of us began to search and call multiple places including the library to look for this idiot. Then both of us received a message from another fellow GS member. He gave us an update on that guy, which scares the hell out of me. I stopped coming to GS for a while as I was afraid the homeless guy going to stalk or do crazy thing to me. He does have my contact number and all. Daz and Rainbowmum asked me to move on. We never talked about the incident ever since.

Welcome back Smile

welcome back!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The world is full of surprises. Be sure to stay strong and embrace them all.

Welcome back Smile

Always a pleasure to see you checking in fella.