Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I just signed up
Hello there.

I wish I could give you some tips on coming out but I never really experienced the whole coming out event. My family and friends told me when I was a young boy that I am gay. I met up with my father last year and he told me that he just always knew anyhow.

I wish you luck and hope it goes well.
Hx

I love that Winston Churchill quote. How very true even all these years later, Wink

Hello. Welcome Smile

WOW, thank you all for such a warm welcome! You all seem so nice already! I think I will like it here! Cool

princealbertofb Wrote:May I ask (just to get to know you), how and when you came to the realisation?

Well I would always check out guys, and when I was about 15 I realized that being attracted to guys meant that I was gay. I actually told my mom when I was 16, but she was very upset about it so I told her it wasn't true and went back in the closet since. We haven't spoken about it at all and I think we have both been in denial for most of the last few years. I have never told anyone else.

But now I feel like my life is passing me by so I kindof want to just do it already. I have gotten close to coming out every few months for the past few years but always back out at the last second.

longislandguy Wrote:I actually told my mom when I was 16, but she was very upset about it so I told her it wasn't true and went back in the closet since. We haven't spoken about it at all and I think we have both been in denial for most of the last few years.

Sounds a tiny bit similar to what happened to me. It takes time for some people, so no worries.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to GS.

longislandguy Wrote:But now I feel like my life is passing me by so I kindof want to just do it already. I have gotten close to coming out every few months for the past few years but always back out at the last second.

I think that is a pretty common experience, I certainly went through a similar period.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

welcome to the forums Big Grin

Well, LongIslandGuy.... thanks for your reply. So who do you think you would be most likely to come out to first? Why do you think coming out would be a problem? Is it something to do with self image? Or something to do with the sort of community you live in? Or is it something to do with religion? Have you had any experience at all (therefore I guess it'll have been kept discreet) or are you still trying to find the courage to get that experience with another boy / man?

Thanks again for the kind greetings. Confusedmile:

fredv3b Wrote:I think that is a pretty common experience, I certainly went through a similar period.

It's nice to know that I'm not alone in that regard.

Glad you are finding this an agreeable site to visit... Confusedmile: See my questions above? We posted almost at the same time, except it's past 3 am here in Geneva... lol.