Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm new so thought I'd best say hello
Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum so just thought I'd best introduce myself and say hello to everyone. My name's Jaxx, I'm a 29 year old Scottish lass who found this site by accident the other day and thought it'd be interesting to give it a shot.

I'm bi but have only really 'come out' to my friends and those outside of the family/work with the exception of my cousin who is like a brother to me and has always known (according to him anyway but given that we're like best friends it really didn't surprise me that he figured it out before me! Would have been nice of him to tell me right enough!).

I love reading/writing and Rock music especially music of the '70s and '80s, action movies, old movies and going to the theatre. I'd love to be a professional writer one day and would describe myself as a cynical romantic idealist... my mates all tell me I'm a Shakespeare geek but please don't hold that against me!

Sorry that's a longer intro than I was planning!

Welcome to the forum.

I escaped from Glasgay many years ago, but still visit family on a regular basis.

Have you volunteered to help out in the LGBT games village?

Which part of Glasgow are you from?

ObW
X

Hi there - thanks for the welcome Smile

I'm actually from a wee town just about 40 mins from Glasgow but spend so much time there it's easier to say that's where I'm from! I went to uni at Strathclyde.

I haven't volunteered at any of the lgbt events etc. yet, even though I've been 'out' for years, I've been so focused on my teaching career (and trying to avoid coming out at work) that I haven't done anything about it. I've been thinking of it more and more recently though, maybe because I'm nearly 30 and have started to realise that time isn't something we can control.

My sister is a teacher (primary - year before they go to secondary school)

A challenging profession if ever there was one, and a dangerous one judging by recent events :/

ObW
X

Primary teaching is a tough gig - you have to be so creative and energetic all of the time. I'm an English teacher - teaching the teens of today to love literature and learn to express themselves without swearing!

Definitely, I was in tears when I saw that on the news - to think that a woman who had devoted her life to helping kids could be attacked by one of her kids in such a manner, it's horrific. I've always taught in pretty 'tough' secondary schools, in my first two years I was assaulted on several occasions though fortunately I wasn't ever seriously hurt. It seems like the world is becoming a much more dangerous place somehow.

Hi and welcome to gs. Smile

Hey welcome to GS! Its lucky we can't speak with mic on here because I don't think Welsh people and Scottish people typically understand each other :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Hey welcome to GS! Its lucky we can't speak with mic on here because I don't think Welsh people and Scottish people typically understand each other :p

I lived in Cardiff for three years. On the contrary, its the English we both have problems with Rofl

ObW
X

Welcome to gs Big Grin

Welcome to the forum Jaax Welcome