Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi......Im new!!!!
:biggrin:

Hi,

Im new to this site and looking for advise on Gay domestic partnership rules in CA!:tongue:

We are getting married in Tahoe and would like to know if we can take the legal partnership back home to the uk?

We are going for a holiday/wedding in 2013 in want to gather all the details before we book our wedding!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Happy

Hi - no idea about the marriage thing but congratulations anyway and hope you have a great life together - im sure there's plenty of knowlagable people here who can give you the info you need, Fredvb is usually very good with laws and such things so i seem to remember from previous threads - he may correct me though

No, I can't help with the legality of the matter here but I suspect if you contract a marriage in the USA, it'll be validated in the United Kindom as a Civil partnership.
Good luck with that, anyway. And Welcome to Gayspeak.

As of today gay marriage is not legal in Ca. I believe you have to be a Ca resident to apply for domestic partnership. By 2013 it probably will be legal in Ca but not sure how that will translate to those who are from another state or country

Hi....

Thanks for your reponses....

I have tried reading legal websites but they just seem to say you can transfer it...then some say you cant!!

We really hope things are different by 2013 but its very risky to just amuse the rules will change. We have our heart set on Tahoe as it is so pretty!

Hi there,
Welcome to the forums and good luck Smile

Hello and welcome! I know you have your heart set on Lake Tahoe, but you could always get married in Canada!

I am looking at Canadian location as we speak.......we want dramatic lake/mountain veiws and it seems Canada is more than perfect!!

We had planned to have our Hen do in San Francisco first then move onto Tahoe so not sure what we could do about that, still hoping the Tahoe option is there!

sprite1102 Wrote:I am looking at Canadian location as we speak.......we want dramatic lake/mountain veiws and it seems Canada is more than perfect!!

We had planned to have our Hen do in San Francisco first then move onto Tahoe so not sure what we could do about that, still hoping the Tahoe option is there!

You could look at Banff or Lake Louise. I used to live out there, so I know how majestic the mountains can be there.