Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi. My name is Amigo.
Of course my name is not Amigo.

But that's the only lie I'm going to tell in this website. Other than my fake name AMIGO, I'll be honest about everything else.

The main reason why I'm here, is to understand what 'being gay' means. I have a strong suspicion that I might be 'gay', but I'm not quite sure of the definition of the word 'gay'.

What does it mean to be gay? How do you qualify? Is it just the sex, or is there other things?

Why does having sex with another man makes someone 'gay'? If I don't have sex with another man, can I be gay?

I'm sure you (the regulars of this website) get this kind of 'lost visitors' all the time... not sure where I am...

Anyway...

I thought I'd introduce myself first, and then do the browsing... So here I am..

Welcome, Amigo, I hope you find what you are looking for here. The only trouble with being gay as far as I can see is the misperceptions of straight people. As far as I am concerned being gay is about far more than the sex they seem to be so obsessed about.

I came out later in life than you and the best way to describe how I felt was that I had a capacity to love, and be loved by, another man. Once I discovered and acknowledged my feelings for what they were I had to admit that I had never, and probably never could, feel the same way about a woman.

Having sex with a a man doesn't necessarily make another man gay ... although it would be daft to suggest that it isn't a clue that it is possible. You may have heard the saying that the only difference between a man who's straight and one who's gay is four pints. All the alcohol would do is reduce the inhibitions that would normally prevent someone going for a bit of same-sex action. Many more people than society would like us to think are probably somewhere on a bi-sexual continuum and there is some evidence to show that there is a little flexibility about where we are on that scale as we go through life. This may be affected by age, health and circumstance. It's possible that a man who has a one-off encounter with another man is curious, experimenting or just plain horny.

Some people are strongly opposed to assigning labels to their sexual orientation. For me coming out as gay was a way to try and make sense of a whole confusion of feelings I had denied and buried and I am very comfortable considering myself to be, and being known as, a gay man.

lol would be soo cool if your name was acctualy Amigo Big Grin welcome to the forums and i hope you find what your looking for Smile

~D5~ Wrote:lol would be soo cool if your name was acctualy Amigo
You probably know this is how J.M. Barrie invented the name "Wendy".

What the hell does Wendy have to do with Amigo lmao
Welcome bub!

And I thought you were into literature!
Amigo = friend
Wendy = the name given to the character in Peter Pan was an inspiration from when Margaret Emma Henley, daughter of J.M. Barrie's friend W. E. Henley, had trouble pronouncing Rs, and referred to him as her "Fwiendy-wendy".

ooo ok. lol I read. don't research what I am reading normally Tongue

I did'nt know Big Grin but learn something new every day Big Grin peter pan was an awesome film XD

I like the original movie where that lady played peter pan

I was talkign bout the cartoon Big Grin and i think that the only one i know Big Grin