Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi There!
I just recently found this forum and decided to join because it looks like there are a lot of friendly people here!

I realized that I was gay a long time ago, but I've only recently started coming out. It's really, really hard for me to get up the nerve to tell anyone - I told my sister in a letter because I couldn't do it in person - but I am so tired of having to hide who I really am all the time.

It will be nice to have a chance to finally make some friends who actually understand what I'm going through! Confusedmile:

Hi KMG

My name is Jamie

I wish you lots of luck, stick with it my friend. You will get lots of support from this forum.......

There a great bunch of guys and girls.........

I am crap at giving advice so will just offer you my support instead

xxxxxxxxxxx

OMG! Are you the same KMG from TheGayForums? Well If you are then its Nice to see ya again! If i'm wrong....well Apoliges, and Welcome to to the forums!:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

[COLOR="Purple"]Hi KMG and welcome to one of the best forums around...

It is rather sad that it doesnt seem to get much easier these days to come out even though we have reached 2009.

Keep at it and gain strength and it should become easier.

Best of luck.[/COLOR]

XyxwaveWelcome KMG You found a GREAT support group here. Wish you he best.

Thanks everyone for the really nice welcomes! Confusedmile:

Genersis, it's great to see you again! :biggrin: I was wondering if I would meet anyone here from Thegayforums. I'm not sure what happened to that forum, but I'm glad to see a familiar face here.

fjp999 Wrote:It is rather sad that it doesnt seem to get much easier these days to come out even though we have reached 2009.

It is really sad. I finally worked up the nerve to come out to a friend today (only the second time I've come out to anyone) and it was pretty nerve wracking. This friend has a gay son and she's told me how proud she is of him and also how she thinks of me like a son as well, so I was pretty sure she'd be okay with me coming out to her. Unfortunately, I'd heard so many horror stories about people being rejected after coming out that I was really reluctant to confide in her even though I knew she'd probably be really supportive.

After I told her I was gay, she told me she already knew. I got to know this woman on a pet forum about 5 years ago and I've never met her in person. My sister, the only other person who knows my "secret", told me that she doesn't think I come across as gay, in her words, so it really blew me away that my friend figured it out on her own. I immediately started feeling a little paranoid about this - wondering who else had figured it out - but that quickly passed. The important thing is she's cool with it. As time goes on, I think I'm becoming more cool with it too. :tongue:

Congrats, number three will go even smoother I am sure.

Hay welcom to the forum I stared coming out the end of 2007/start of 2008
I'm still in school enjoying it. It takes alot to come out at first but after that it was smooth sailing for me. My family knows I'm gay and they think nothing less of me. I love the fact that im gay, it makes me unique!

I hope you get out there alright!

Hello, KMG and welcome. Congratulations on dealing with coming out. Some say it isn't necessary, but I found coming eventually made life a whole lot easier and much more pleasant. If other people have worked it out without your assistance, and they haven't made an issue of it, doesn't that tell you something?

All the best Wink

KMG, Coming out is one of the most difficult things you will do, even if everyone is very supportive it is still difficult. So well done for getting as far as you have but in the end it is worth it.

You might well not, generally speaking, come across 'as gay', it might be your reaction to you're friend's son being gay led her to her suspicions.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.