Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all, Name is Dan :)
It was great. Smile Don't have to stress now, which is what he noticed as I told him. He said don't come out to mum and bro unless I am ready. Won't be for a while and I have my reasons for that as stated but glad he was accepting of it.

GhostDog Wrote:Well it's taken ten years to figure out. I came out to my dad tonight. I nearly cried, but he was surprised but was very accepting.

I am going to wait a while before I tell my mum and the rest of the family, as my mum lost her mum on the 8th August of this year (she was very ill) and its been four months. He said I can tell her and the rest of the family when I feel I am ready.

So a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Just now confirms that I having a loving Dad. I will come out to mum and my bro when I feel the time is right in the new year. Smile The one awesome advice, he gave me was if I met men for hook upt to be careful. I had to smile, but I said to him I'm interested in a relationship with a man, not one on one hookups. Smile But you never know.

Smile

Dan, I love it when our dads are accepting of our sexual orientation. It shows that they have some idea about the real world and are not ignorant but supportive.
Your dad is right, but I hope his advice would have been the same for your ''hookups'' with girls. Men aren't the only one carrying diseases. What your dad maybe knows is that men can be quite fickle when it's their dicks talking and not their hearts. I'm glad you could reassure him about wanting a relationship. I'm sure your dad is aware that what counts most is to see you happy and fulfilled.
You're right about sparing your mum a bit. Maybe you could ask your dad (are they still together, I wonder?) to help you out when you need to disclose your orientation to her and your brother.
Good luck with that.
Take care, PA

hi! Welcome Smile

Late welcome here.

Nice to hear that your Dad is accepting of your sexuality. Smile

Thanks guys, sorry I haven;'t had a chance to sign in and post.
Smile