Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone!
Welcome! Wavey

G Day Hangar, I was going to say what James said...so...what James said Smile

Welcome

Hello Dave welcome to G.S. WaveyWelcome

hangar Wrote:I'm Dave from Switzerland. Despite my slightly advanced age I'm still in the closet - I seem to be pretty good in suppressing things. But now that I have once and for all accepted myself as gay I'd like to change this. I'm looking forwart to having inspiring discussions with you all! Confusedmile:

Welcome i hope we will have a great time with you, i am new also. The thing that intrigued me about you is if you are that certain that you supressed your sexuality, u don't think that someone figured you out ? i am also a closet case, and feel like i will never come out, but i accept myself as the person i am. Wavey

andaluzativo Wrote:Welcome i hope we will have a great time with you, i am new also. The thing that intrigued me about you is if you are that certain that you supressed your sexuality, u don't think that someone figured you out ? i am also a closet case, and feel like i will never come out, but i accept myself as the person i am. Wavey

Actually I'm pretty sure that some of my friends, maybe also my family (=mom, older brother), have suspicions. Over the years it happened to me several times that friends started to ask questions why I never had a girlfriend, once one of my friends asked directly if I was gay. But at that time I was not ready to admit it, not even to myself. These confrontations have declined in the recent years, maybe ouf of deference to me. But this year my mom congratulated me on my birthday with the words "May your dreams, whatever they are, come true!" Do you agree that this sounds like she has a suspicion?

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.
I guess, that she starts to accept that you won't bring a girl to the family. Maybe she is not sure yet, if you want to stay single (she may still be convinced you are straight) or if you introduce your bf to her one day.
Good luck with coming out to her Smile